Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suspect there are a fair few who thought they could only buy for people they couldn't allocate tickets to today.

Ie they didn't realise they could allocate their extras to themselves.

Agreed. And even those who did know that, ie me, couldn't do it - 4*STHs + 1*Other - didn't work, although I just used a creative workaround.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My money is on the WSU first actually.

Maybe a simultaneous opening of the shelf, as there are only 150 family tickets left too.

I think the ESU will open first as it will look better for the cameras.

The only reason I can think to open the WSU first is if the club estimate remaining demand is more than the size of the ESU, but probably not as large as the WSU + ESU combined.

I think the ESU will open first as it will look better for the cameras.

The only reason I can think to open the WSU first is if the club estimate remaining demand is more than the size of the ESU, but probably not as large as the WSU + ESU combined.

That's my reckoning. From the clubs POV it probably costs about the same to open either the WSU or the ESU, but they will get more bang for their buck in the WSU as it holds more.

Can you imagine their dilemma if they opened the east and then this sold out 72h before. Would they open the WSU then?

FWIW I think there will be demand for both upper tiers to open. I'm just playing devils advocate by trying to think like the club.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So its looking like The Amex will look fuller than the few scattered around Swansea ground. Ok I know....Tuesday night, County had 200 fans, on the tele box blah blah blah:laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
890 now.

Approx 1,300 more potentially to release in lower bowl and shelf + any others that magically appear.

So at least around 2,200 to sell before they reluctantly consider making a decision about opening ESU.

Touch and go I reckon.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
890 now.

Approx 1,300 more potentially to release in lower bowl and shelf + any others that magically appear.

So at least around 2,200 to sell before they reluctantly consider making a decision about opening ESU.

Touch and go I reckon.

10 days to the actual game, sure it will be okay and ESU will be open.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
10 days to the actual game, sure it will be okay and ESU will be open.
Yeah, you're probably right. Presumably they won't wait for all the remaining singles to sell before making their decision to open an upper tier.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Couple of games away I know, if we managed to get to the semi I really hope they show loyalty first to those who made the effort to go to cup games.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Yeah, you're probably right. Presumably they won't wait for all the remaining singles to sell before making their decision to open an upper tier.

After the emails conversation between me & PB yesterday, they do want to open the Upper(s). Think ESU today due to sales this morning fingers crossed WSU to follow, still unsure why the slow sales overall but, I guess lots like me are waiting for uppers, bit silly I know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the east is opened fully and sold out, what would the gate be (assuming the WSU remains the only unopened part of the ground)?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the east is opened fully and sold out, what would the gate be (assuming the WSU remains the only unopened part of the ground)?

30,500 - 1,000 (2 blocks of segregation) - 4,500ish (WSU) = c25,000.

(Assumes all 1901ers are counted as attending)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
30,500 - 1,000 (2 blocks of segregation) - 4,500ish (WSU) = c25,000.

(Assumes all 1901ers are counted as attending)
Cheers. Slightly on the low side, but far from the embarrassment that some are prattling on about. That was the gate the last time we made the SIXTH round, and included 8,000 away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here