Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

If it was me, I would wait. If I'm advising you, my advise is to buy now!

Whatever the different views on this subject, it's clearly emotive. Just a quick look at the interest on NSC alone:-

FFS open the Uppers: 151 replies and 9250 views
4966 lower tier seats remaining: 274 replies and over 19k views
Should me sell more to Coventry: 36 replies. 1400 views
Which Upper tier first: 4 replies, 1300 views
Poll to give Cov more than 15%: 128 replies, 7500 views

This subject has instigated interaction nearly 500 times and has been viewed nearly 40,000 times

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looking to take someone new who has just moved here but had really wanted an upper tier but worried now we will miss out altogether.

Missed buying early doors due to indecision.

To hold the nerve or just go panic buy four in wherever I can get them together.
I would say "Hold! Hold!" but it would be a bit fake as I panicked yesterday and pushed the button on buying tickets at the back of NS....

With 1200 + the segregation areas + maybe The Shelf to go before they even think about opening an upper tier I reckon it is touch and go.

You'll have a better idea after tonight when everybody has had a chance to get online and buy their tickets. I think/hope they WILL open ESU or maybe WSU but it is far from certain. SO exciting!

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If they open an upper tier then those sat in it deserve a standing ovation from the rest of us in the lower levels !

I would say "Hold! Hold!" but it would be a bit fake as I panicked yesterday and pushed the button on buying tickets at the back of NS....

With 1200 + the segregation areas + maybe The Shelf to go before they even think about opening an upper tier I reckon it is touch and go.

You'll have a better idea after tonight when everybody has had a chance to get online and buy their tickets. I think/hope they might open ESU but it is far from certain. SO exciting!

The Segregation areas are now around 500 (250 each side). These could be reduced further so there is the potential for another 250-300 seats to be released before an Upper Tier opens.

If I'm honest I'm astonished.

The club promotes football for families (and generally do it very well) but despite there being 7000 + empty seats for this game, it's not possible for families to buy tickets in a family area. This could be instantly resolved with the opening of the shelf.

Those who wish to sit upstairs and book their ticket now cannot.

In a few days time, those who wish to sit downstairs won't be able to either

The clubs stance is a huge over-reaction to their own failings in the Palace game. It also suggests a complete lack of understand of the preferences of fans and an inability to forecast demand.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I am so p1ssed off they are not opening up the stands now and making this in to a proper old school cup tie - its obvious people are waiting to buy them

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If they open an upper tier then those sat in it deserve a standing ovation from the rest of us in the lower levels !

I was thinking more along the lines of dogs abuse and flicked 'v' signs...

(Only joking)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My advice is don't wait, buy now, so the lower is sold out and I can get some upstairs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Segregation areas are now around 500 (250 each side). These could be reduced further so there is the potential for another 250-300 seats to be released before an Upper Tier opens.

If I'm honest I'm astonished.

The club promotes football for families (and generally do it very well) but despite there being 7000 + empty seats for this game, it's not possible for families to buy tickets in a family area. This could be instantly resolved with the opening of the shelf.

Those who wish to sit upstairs and book their ticket now cannot.

In a few days time, those who wish to sit downstairs won't be able to either

The clubs stance is a huge over-reaction to their own failings in the Palace game. It also suggests a complete lack of understand of the preferences of fans and an inability to forecast demand.

This, with bells on... Barber deserves all the criticism he gets on this one IMHO... ****ing awful decision by him... and stubbornly sticking with it, despite evidence that he has ****ed up being very strong indeed...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A second tier in the NS would solve this. Someone should do a poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This, with bells on... Barber deserves all the criticism he gets on this one IMHO... ****ing awful decision by him... and stubbornly sticking with it, despite evidence that he has ****ed up being very strong indeed...

Talk about personification of generation snowflake in a single post. There’s TEN DAYS to go and tickets are print at home. FFS.

Either that or I’ve just received one of the biggest whooshes going!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Absolutely. Make the call and then crank up the marketing machinery. Getting too late now but better late than never.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Talk about personification of generation snowflake in a single post. There’s TEN DAYS to go and tickets are print at home. FFS.

Nothing snowflake about this one. Any opportunity to bring the egotistical moneymen down a peg or two..!!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I get that it’s not really a big deal.

But seeing as they are going to open one of the upper why not just get on with it and shift more tickets?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Absolutely. Make the call and then crank up the marketing machinery. Getting too late now but better late than never.

Indeed, and email everyone on the ST waiting list saying if they don't buy a ticket they will go to the back of the ST queue. Should ensure a few thousand more bums on seats :whistle:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What's happening with the greyed out E1H and the opposite on the west stand side?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I agree, Barber is a bit of a snowflake... look how quickly he got rid of Gully's Girls! ;-)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here