Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The Wrexham crowd is generally and conveniently forgotten though it seems - and the Amex had a smaller away capacity then, and we had less season ticket holders to market to as well.

I don't think its forgotten at all, just shows how difficult it is to project a FA Cup crowd given how the attractiveness of the competition clearly has faded for some clubs and some fixtures but not others. Even at the Amex a few seasons apart and few weeks apart.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think the club were surprised by the poor turnout for the Palace game as was I.We bang on about what a big rivalry we have with Palace yet when we draw them I the cup we cannot even half fill the ground.Yes it was a Monday night yes It was on TV but it’s Palace the team we despise the team that we have a rivalry with that nobody else understands.So if we can’t can’t half fill our stadium for a game against Palace why should the club think we will fill it against a team from league 2.Lets be honest if this was a 3rd round tie we would be lucky to get 15000.

Then you (and the club) should read NSC more closely. Many of us explained in detail why we couldn't/wouldn't go to the Palace game, but are all over this one.

If the club doesn't understand the significance of Monday night v Saturday 3pm, cheaper v really cheap, TV v non-TV, 3rd round v 5th round, and ticket controls v virtual free-for-all, then they'll never estimate demand correctly.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
At this should have been a sell out and we should have given Coventry more tickets.
Now I am getting ready to enjoy today's game.
Any waking up today who's not going look out the window take deep breath and buy a ticket.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Then you (and the club) should read NSC more closely. Many of us explained in detail why we couldn't/wouldn't go to the Palace game, but are all over this one.

If the club doesn't understand the significance of Monday night v Saturday 3pm, cheaper v really cheap, TV v non-TV, 3rd round v 5th round, and ticket controls v virtual free-for-all, then they'll never estimate demand correctly.

I guess they do estimate demand and take into account these factors. Barber wrote 2 very long emails published on this thread back in the mists of time on page 2 or 3, saying exactly that, but its about nuance. Understanding factors of TV/Monday night/previous game/pricing/FA Cup might dampen demand but it was still Palace. I guess many were still surprised by crowd of 14-15K - but that doesn't mean they were expecting 30K. . What would you have projected 2 weeks in advance ? 18, 21, 24, 27, 29 ?
And who on here predicted 27K + for Coventry 2 weeks ago ?
FA Cup demand is very variable.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I guess they do estimate demand and take into account these factors. Barber wrote 2 very long emails published on this thread back in the mists of time on page 2 or 3, saying exactly that, but its about nuance. Understanding factors of TV/Monday night/previous game/pricing/FA Cup might dampen demand but it was still Palace. I guess many were still surprised by crowd of 14-15K - but that doesn't mean they were expecting 30K. . What would you have projected 2 weeks in advance ? 18, 21, 24, 27, 29 ?
And who on here predicted 27K + for Coventry 2 weeks ago ?
FA Cup demand is very variable.

Well, on the day tickets went on sale, I predicted the upper tiers would be opened - and that's all the club needed to do.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And, by the way, the club could do worse than find a cross-section of, say, 100 fans and, in future, POLL them on likely attendance, reasons why etc.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thermal long johns already on. Let's do this thang!

Flip-flops and shorts more like. Positively tropical.

Warm.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Flip-flops and shorts more like. Positively tropical.

View attachment 94299

Indeed. I’m on top of the downs with the dog and I’ve shed the gloves, hat, hoody and jacket I came out with and I’m down to a t-shirt.

It’s a glorious day.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Indeed. I’m on top of the downs with the dog and I’ve shed the gloves, hat, hoody and jacket I came out with and I’m down to a t-shirt.

It’s a glorious day.

And for those of us with Reynaulds Syndrome it's a hat, gloves, two pairs of socks and scarf kind of day, glorious or not :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here