Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Up your arse.

The way they gradually rolled out the Cov tickets, with no indication on whether either of the uppers would be opened, was mildly annoying ... .

No indication ? - really ? - They were absolutely clear from the outset that they would open up the other stands if there was sufficient demand. Which there was. And they did.

"If demand requires it, further seating areas will be opened" from the original announcement of ticket prices etc on Albion website, jan 31st
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/coventry-city-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great post. Nails it.

No it doesn't... the club ****ed up big time on this one... they could have sold more tix, and they could have easily avoided p1ssing off some of their ST holders... their forecasting sucked...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No indication ? - really ? - They were absolutely clear from the outset that they would open up the other stands if there was sufficient demand. Which there was. And they did.

Only after hundreds / thousands ended up buying tickets to areas they didn't particularly want (including me and several other regulars I go with). Its not the end of the world, its just a bit of an annoyance, and I'm not alone in feeling that. Apparently that's not allowed, but hey, that's how I feel.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Only after hundreds / thousands ended up buying tickets to areas they didn't particularly want (including me and several other regulars I go with). Its not the end of the world, its just a bit of an annoyance, and I'm not alone in feeling that. Apparently that's not allowed, but hey, that's how I feel.

Yes. I'd have preferred to sit in my seats as well. But was this "buffoonery" - no. Were they not clear about the process ? - no. Was it unusual behaviour on the part of the club - no.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just whilst everyone is arguing, one thing I've always wondered is, why is "gate" added onto anything that relates to drama?
Is it because of Watergate and President Nixon? Is there an actual definition of when "gate" can be added on the end?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Only after hundreds / thousands ended up buying tickets to areas they didn't particularly want (including me and several other regulars I go with). It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit of an annoyance, and I'm not alone in feeling that. Apparently that's not allowed, but hey, that's how I feel.

I believe that many in the South could not have their own ST seats for Palace nor this one. Haven't seen too many complaints.

It's not as if you are being forced to watch the game impaled upon a rusty spike in a sauna is it?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I just want to know which insectivore you plan to set on Kalimantan Gull.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Just whilst everyone is arguing, one thing I've always wondered is, why is "gate" added onto anything that relates to drama?
Is it because of Watergate and President Nixon? Is there an actual definition of when "gate" can be added on the end?

Old Nicko was caught listening to recorded calls whilst surfing on North Cornwall. This is the truth.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. I'd have preferred to sit in my seats as well. But was this "buffoonery" - no. Were they not clear about the process ? - no. Was it unusual behaviour on the part of the club - no.

They left it until the ESL was all but sold out before opening the ESU. It was clear days before they opened it that there was sufficient demand to warrant opening an Upper Tier but for reasons known only to themselves they didn't.

This WILL have lost sales from occasional fans (just the ones that the club wants to attract to games such as this):

1. Those looking to buy a ticket when only scraps in the ESL were left may have thought "I don't want to sit low down in a corner" and went off and made other plans for tomorrow.
2. Parents with young kids may have seen their only choice was seats close to the away fans (and ones that have been a bit fruity on their travels of late) and decided not to buy and, again, may not know that other seats became available later, or had already made other plans by then.

Additionally, as [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] states, many others bought tickets in an area they didn't really want, only to find those that rocked up a day or two later were able to buy prime front row central upper tier seats.

You can keep banging your same drum on this, and I'll keep banging mine. The club stuffed up stand openings for the second Cup game in a row.

I believe that many in the South could not have their own ST seats for Palace nor this one. Haven't seen too many complaints.

It's not as if you are being forced to watch the game impaled upon a rusty spike in a sauna is it?

There are not really 'many' season tickets in the south.

Judging by the number in the SW corner that are offered on a match by match basis, I would estimate it's about 500.

Whilst there are around 7500 (estimated) STH's in the Upper Tiers.

I also seem to remember that when ST's were sold in the SW corner it was made clear that they may not be able to have their seat in a cup game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
No it doesn't... the club ****ed up big time on this one... they could have sold more tix, and they could have easily avoided p1ssing off some of their ST holders... their forecasting sucked...

Not buying a striker in the summer is a "f**" up, waiting 7 days to open the East Stand Upper for a cup game v Coventry is not.
PS: I know about a dozen or so ST holders, not necessarily a representative sample, but not one of em gives a hoot about sitting elsewhere tomorrow, and nearly all are going. I'm even taking Mrs CJ ! The tickets are cheap, its the 5th round of the cup and Locadia/Ulloa up front. Why not. None of em are pissed off.
The whole idea that fans, aside from 1-2 posters on here are in revolt over this and the club, some minor issues aside, have messed up royally is ridiculous.

Not buying a striker in the summer is a "f**" up, waiting 7 days to open the East Stand Upper for a cup game v Coventry is not.
PS: I know about a dozen or so ST holders, not necessarily a representative sample, but not one of em gives a hoot about sitting elsewhere tomorrow, and nearly all are going. I'm even taking Mrs CJ ! The tickets are cheap, its the 5th round of the cup and Locadia/Ulloa up front. Why not. None of em are pissed off.
The whole idea that fans, aside from 1-2 posters on here are in revolt over this and the club, some minor issues aside, have messed up royally is ridiculous.

You're making yourself look silly now.

The club tried and were very unlucky (medical) not to sign a striker.

They did not try to open the upper tiers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyway, you're posting from a jungle. You don't even have to make choices or weigh up other factors about whether to go along to the Amex or not, so its very easy to sit behind your keyboard and snide away at the people who do. So your opinion isn't really worth jack.

Have a nice day.

:lolol:

Same bloke that knew all about the Southampton game from watching a stream :facepalm:

They left it until the ESL was all but sold out before opening the ESU. It was clear days before they opened it that there was sufficient demand to warrant opening an Upper Tier but for reasons known only to themselves they didn't.

This WILL have lost sales from occasional fans (just the ones that the club wants to attract to games such as this):

1. Those looking to buy a ticket when only scraps in the ESL were left may have thought "I don't want to sit low down in a corner" and went off and made other plans for tomorrow.
2. Parents with young kids may have seen their only choice was seats close to the away fans (and ones that have been a bit fruity on their travels of late) and decided not to buy and, again, may not know that other seats became available later, or had already made other plans by then.

Additionally, as [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] states, many others bought tickets in an area they didn't really want, only to find those that rocked up a day or two later were able to buy prime front row central upper tier seats.

You can keep banging your same drum on this, and I'll keep banging mine. The club stuffed up stand openings for the second Cup game in a row.

The bolded bit is the thing that irritates me a bit. We're in the North. I've not done it for a big match before, the atmosphere will be good and my son's looking forward to it so no big deal. However, my view will be much worse than an impulse buyer who waited and, most importantly, our normal big group is split all over the place and there are just four of us. It won't be quite right. Worse things happen at sea, in fact, worse things have probably happened at my local Tesco's but the bottom line is there wouldn't be a 120-something page thread on here and loads more Twitter posts if the club had got it right. They didn't.

As I recall, friends in that area had their own seats for Arsenal, Newcastle and alike. :shrug:

That's correct. But they were told it may not be possible. As it happened for those games the club gave the extra 1500 tickets by utilising the southerly ESL blocks. Bods in these seats also were told this too. But since this year no ST's have been sold in H block of the East Lower.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here