• Honey Badger

Votes: 94 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Newborn hippo.
Yeah they grow to 3 tonnes, and then you need to give them some space. Like an elephant.

elephant-attack.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Elephant isn't in the final. Motion to dismiss for irrelevance.
Motion denied.

Elephants aren't in the final because the competition isn't simply about what's biggest and toughest. Hippos are tough because they're big, just like elephants are tougher because they're bigger. That's it, just big tough animals.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Motion denied.

Elephants aren't in the final because the competition isn't simply about what's biggest and toughest. Hippos are tough because they're big, just like elephants are tougher because they're bigger. That's it, just big tough animals.

Hippos are tough because mostly being vegan they have foot long teeth and will flip your car. If they were carnivores most of Africa would be ****ed

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Next year I think what should happen is we NSC have a secret breeding program and make all these animals the same size somehow (science bit can be left to someone who has an idea) then we throw all the creatures in a ring together and see who is the last one left standing. To make it half fair for the water creatures I suppose we had better have a moat around the ring and they can fight from there. animal royal rumble winner takes all, no size or weight advantage

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
But they're not vegan, they eat meat!

I do indeed stand corrected, that ust makes them harder though

Since Dudley made the first scientific record of carnivory in hippos in 1996, other cases of hippo carnivory and even cannibalism have also been documented. Dudley lists instances where wild hippos have fed on impalas, elephants, kudus, wildebeest, zebras, and other hippos that they either killed themselves or were killed by other predators. Events like these have been seen both during times when carnivory may be a last resort (e.g. droughts when food is scarce)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
So we're back to the size of the animal :facepalm:

"It wasn't me. It was my mate Dave down the pub. He's an illusionist". You have to make a case!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"It wasn't me. It was my mate Dave down the pub. He's an illusionist". You have to make a case!
No worries.

Thread title should be changed to World's Biggest Creature.

Obviously it's not the hippo, but then it's bigger than the badger, so it wins.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've heard rumours going around that the Hippo supporters have been opening new accounts just to add votes for the Hippo.

Sounds like the FIFA corruption scandal all over again. Sad times for a once glorious competition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yeah b ut the hippoe woud just sit on the huney Badger

I voet for the hipo

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I've heard rumours going around that the Hippo supporters have been opening new accounts just to add votes for the Hippo.

Sounds like the FIFA corruption scandal all over again. Sad times for a once glorious competition.

Maybe it needs a VAR review?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hippo's ancestors were simple donkey like animals, and originated from an area of Britain, roughly where South Norwood is today, and are therefore, genetically Palace Fans. This accounts for their behaviour of flinging their turds all over the place with their tails, and setting fire to furniture stores.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nope.
Looks like it's not a herbivore.
It protects it's area, it doesn't just attack for no reason.
The only creatures that are ever bothered by hippos are smaller than the hippo.

I can't do the fancy splitting up of a quote so I'll just do it point by point.

Yes, yes you have.

Hippo's are mostly herbivores. Their stomach anatomy is not suited to meat eating. On vary rare occasions they have been seen eating carrion. Meat eating is most likely caused by aberrant behaviour and/or nutritional stress. So yes, they are mostly herbivorous.

OK, it protects it's area. And yes, it protects its young. What it also does, due to its massively aggressive and unpredictable nature is indulge in seemingly unprovoked attacks. If there's no discernible reason for the attack then it seems fair to assume that its doing it for the hell of it.

Hippos attack BOATS. They live surrounded by some of the worlds deadliest apex predators and none - NONE - of them mess with the Hippo.

There was two parts to my post. One explaining why the Hippo was the don't give a **** hard ******* and one explaining why the Honey Badger wasn't.

It's interesting that you've only focused on the Hippo and not put up any defence of the Honey Badger. Presumably because you know he's on comparatively shaky ground. It's classic Trump tactics of ignore the truths you don't want to accept and then distract like hell and deflect onto the opponent.

Nice try but it won't work. The Fan Boys had best start dusting off their second accounts...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hippo's are mostly herbivores.
Rolf Harris mostly goes for adults.

OK, it protects it's area. And yes, it protects its young. What it also does, due to its massively aggressive and unpredictable nature is indulge in seemingly unprovoked attacks. If there's no discernible reason for the attack then it seems fair to assume that its doing it for the hell of it.

Hippos attack BOATS.
They attack little boats that have encroached on their territory. That's why guides are happy to take tourists in little canoes to go and see them, you're just supposed to give them some space.
They live surrounded by some of the worlds deadliest apex predators and none - NONE - of them mess with the Hippo.
That's because they're tiny compared to the hippo. Hippos don't mess with elephants for the same reason. Elephants on the other hand, flip hippos over like pancakes.

It's interesting that you've only focused on the Hippo and not put up any defence of the Honey Badger.
I've focussed on the hippo because I've seen several posts praising the hippo simply because it's big, completely missing the point of the competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here