View Poll Results: Who's the absolute hardest of them all?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hippopotamus

124 56.62%
  • Honey Badger

95 43.38%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But they're not vegan, they eat meat!
    I do indeed stand corrected, that ust makes them harder though

Since Dudley made the first scientific record of carnivory in hippos in 1996, other cases of hippo carnivory and even cannibalism have also been documented. Dudley lists instances where wild hippos have fed on impalas, elephants, kudus, wildebeest, zebras, and other hippos that they either killed themselves or were killed by other predators. Events like these have been seen both during times when carnivory may be a last resort (e.g. droughts when food is scarce)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The Hippo: eats, shoots, and leaves.
      I look nothing like him! Jack Straw's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      So we're back to the size of the animal
      "It wasn't me. It was my mate Dave down the pub. He's an illusionist". You have to make a case!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
      "It wasn't me. It was my mate Dave down the pub. He's an illusionist". You have to make a case!
      No worries.

Thread title should be changed to World's Biggest Creature.

Obviously it's not the hippo, but then it's bigger than the badger, so it wins.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      I've heard rumours going around that the Hippo supporters have been opening new accounts just to add votes for the Hippo.

Sounds like the FIFA corruption scandal all over again. Sad times for a once glorious competition.

0 Not allowed!
      yeah b ut the hippoe woud just sit on the huney Badger

I voet for the hipo
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      I've heard rumours going around that the Hippo supporters have been opening new accounts just to add votes for the Hippo.

Sounds like the FIFA corruption scandal all over again. Sad times for a once glorious competition.
      Maybe it needs a VAR review?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Hippo's ancestors were simple donkey like animals, and originated from an area of Britain, roughly where South Norwood is today, and are therefore, genetically Palace Fans. This accounts for their behaviour of flinging their turds all over the place with their tails, and setting fire to furniture stores.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Nope.
      Looks like it's not a herbivore.
      It protects it's area, it doesn't just attack for no reason.
      The only creatures that are ever bothered by hippos are smaller than the hippo.
      I can't do the fancy splitting up of a quote so I'll just do it point by point.

Yes, yes you have.

Hippo's are mostly herbivores. Their stomach anatomy is not suited to meat eating. On vary rare occasions they have been seen eating carrion. Meat eating is most likely caused by aberrant behaviour and/or nutritional stress. So yes, they are mostly herbivorous.

OK, it protects it's area. And yes, it protects its young. What it also does, due to its massively aggressive and unpredictable nature is indulge in seemingly unprovoked attacks. If there's no discernible reason for the attack then it seems fair to assume that its doing it for the hell of it.

Hippos attack BOATS. They live surrounded by some of the worlds deadliest apex predators and none - NONE - of them mess with the Hippo.

There was two parts to my post. One explaining why the Hippo was the don't give a **** hard ******* and one explaining why the Honey Badger wasn't.

It's interesting that you've only focused on the Hippo and not put up any defence of the Honey Badger. Presumably because you know he's on comparatively shaky ground. It's classic Trump tactics of ignore the truths you don't want to accept and then distract like hell and deflect onto the opponent.

Nice try but it won't work. The Fan Boys had best start dusting off their second accounts...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post
      Hippo's are mostly herbivores.
      Rolf Harris mostly goes for adults.

OK, it protects it's area. And yes, it protects its young. What it also does, due to its massively aggressive and unpredictable nature is indulge in seemingly unprovoked attacks. If there's no discernible reason for the attack then it seems fair to assume that its doing it for the hell of it.

Hippos attack BOATS.
      They attack little boats that have encroached on their territory. That's why guides are happy to take tourists in little canoes to go and see them, you're just supposed to give them some space.
      They live surrounded by some of the worlds deadliest apex predators and none - NONE - of them mess with the Hippo.
      That's because they're tiny compared to the hippo. Hippos don't mess with elephants for the same reason. Elephants on the other hand, flip hippos over like pancakes.

It's interesting that you've only focused on the Hippo and not put up any defence of the Honey Badger.
      I've focussed on the hippo because I've seen several posts praising the hippo simply because it's big, completely missing the point of the competition.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee