Votes: 94 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
AnimalDome.jpg

"Good evening and welcome to this, the conclusion of NSC HD's coverage of the 2018 World's Hardest Creature tournament. I'm Chris Packham and I'll be taking you through proceedings tonight. No more Smith songs from me, as this... this is the real deal, as you join me here at a packed AnimalDome.

40 creatures set out on this journey, all aiming to be here tonight. There has been sweat. There have been tears. Even a Tarantino script doesn't come with this much blood but that's nature ladies and gentleman. It's red in tooth and claw and and always has been.

There have been hopes, dashed dreams and surprises along the way. The Mantis Shrimp was an early faller. The Slug surprised a few folk along the way. The Bobbit Worm disappointed by failing to make the quarters although accusations persist that "Weekendgate" accounted for its sorry showing in 2018. The Tardigrade rather atypically froze and the diminutive Grasshopper Mouse came so close to going all the way.

But in the end we are left with two doughty combatants: two seasoned, steely, stout warriors of WHC. The Honey Badger came to the tournament with a point to prove. There were those that said it would rest on its laurels having finally reached its ultimate goal. Well it seems that those people just don't know their Honey Badger from a hole in the ground. The humble Ratel has stormed to this year's final with more votes that any other competitor. When faced with stiff competition it simply gritted its teeth and blew them all away. This little chap might look cuddly but its furry exterior hides a heart of steel.

The Hippo is always a strong contender and its presence in the final is no surprise. What is surprising is the manner in which the "river horse" has gone about its business in 2018. It has simply bulldozed any opposition in its path. Seldom has a competitor reached the final with such ease. So sedate has the Hippo's progress been, it's very difficult to know how it will respond at this, the final stage. Does it have plenty in the tank? Will it simply continue on its path like a runaway juggernaut or does the Honey Badger have the game to stop it in its tracks?

Ladies and gentlemen. It's time to find out. The finalists are waiting to enter the ring so without further ado, let me hand you over to legendary MC Michael Buffer for the introductions...

MC.jpg

Thank you Chris. Ladies and gentlemen. The thousands of you gathered here this evening and the millions watching at home all across the globe are about to watch history in the making. These two... mighty creatures know that they are just one step from animal immortality. This... This is that step. So it's time for me to ask you all... Are... you... READY?. I said Are... you... RRRRRREEEEEAAADYYY?
Ladies and gentlemen. Let's get rrrreeeeaaaaddddyyyy to RUUUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLLE!

(Crowd roars heartily)

In the blue corner, weighing in at 4,000 kilos, Africa's leading killer... the unstoppable, unbreakable, unspeakable king of the river bank. It's the HIP-PO-POTAMUUUUUUUUS

Hippo.jpg

And in the red corner, comfortably making the weight coming in at just 13 kg, undefeated in the last two tournaments and winning all of its bouts by knockout... it's the defending champion. He don't give a crap. Ladies and gentlemen it's... the... HOOOONNNNEEEYYY BAAAADDDDDGGGGEEEERRR!

Honey Badger.jpg

Thanks Michael for that unmistakeable introduction. Now, as the brawny battlers enter the ring, let's look at the tale of the tape...

Tape.jpg

And as the pair make their final preparations, going over their fight plan with their corners, let's just take a moment to check out exactly what makes these creatures there very hardest that Planet Earth has to offer. First up... the Hippo

And now, the Honey Badger...

And now we are just seconds away from the beginning of this epic bout. You all know the reasons why these beasts are here tonight. We've been over them time and time again but this is your occasion now. The floor is yours. Pick a side, back your creature and tell us all why it deserves to be crowned champion in 2018. Make this thread a seething froth of debate and let's see who is the last warrior standing at the end of three days voting.

Well it looks like we're just about ready to begin so it's over to you.

Seconds out... DING DING!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
(and before everybody goes mental, I've had to put this up on a Sunday as I've not got a spare minute for the next few days - I've thrown in an extra voting day so nobody should miss out - get to work everybody)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Year of the hippo, they are scary as ****, I could kick a honey badgers head in, not a hippo

The Honey Badger would rip your nuts off and the Hippo would flatten you and back up to finish the job.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...and in a remarkable opening round the Hippo has dished out a series of howitzers. It’s piling on the pressure and really showing its class in the early stages. The Honey Badger is looking confused and not a little groggy. It’s had things pretty much it’s own way for two years but it’s really up against it here. It’s hanging on for the first round Bell, desperate to get back to its corner and catch its breath.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bottlejob Badger couldn’t finish his dinner, let alone the mighty Hippo.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's the Hippo's year. Honey badger has had a good 12 months to drink in the acclaim but it ends here. Hippo is the most under rated beast in the tournament, and bearing in mind he's a former winner and two time finalist that's saying something.

Hugely, aggressive, wildly unpredicatable this beast will attack any and everything for no reason. He doesn't fight for food, he doesn't fight for safety, he doesn't fight to protect territory. He fights for the fun of it. He'll go out of his way to attack. Unlike his opponent the Hippo truly doesn't give a ****.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Absolute SCENES. The Hippo is caning the Honey Badger. What a phenomenal performance.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Do you not realise?

The year the HB won this, we were promoted to the PL!
Vote for the Hippo at your peril.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Man United of American Football went down last night. Let's do the same in WHC. VOTE HIPPO!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here