Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on people lets have some love for Pascal Groß

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He had a great start to the season, hasn't been on quite so good form recently, it was great to see him back to his best today. Unsurprisingly he does best when the team are playing well and attacking (obviously it's tricky to play great through balls when there's no one making runs).

A cynic might say he has raised his game now the club has signed some competition for his position. Perhaps Locadia is having a positive influence already?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know it just a normal day for him to set up one with a perfectly weighted pass, and score another with Teutonic laser guided accuracy, but we still ought to highlight the fact he is fookin great, esp when the movement around him is top notch.
I love Pascal.

A lot.

In fact, I thought I'd never love again after Inigo left us.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wonder if his mates from Mannheim were here today - bumped into them at a pub in Newcastle before the match up there. A little group of them seem to come over quite regularly....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
An idiot might say he has raised his game now the club has signed some competition for his position.
Fixed.

I understand that competition for places is good, but let's not overdo it eh. We need to fight to survive in this league, I don't suppose someone like Gross wants to spend next season in the Championship. He'd also be facing competition from Baldock.

Perhaps Locadia is having a positive influence already?
They may play together in some games when we need through balls to a pacey striker, depending on opposition.

PS – I trust you aren't one of those that might say he's raised his game now there's more competition for his place :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No they ****ing don't. Lots (some) of people near me today bemoaning him at half time.

Also, loads slagging Bong off, who I thought had a great game.

Seriously? Bong had a great game. He does get some stick but no idea how anyone can slag him off today. Even the BBC said at half time how great he had been and it takes a lot to impress them.
As for Gross I’m not sure what else anyone wants. His movement and ability to find space is great, passing great, shooting good. 5 assists and 6 goals for essentially a man in a free role at a club in the bottom half is brilliant. Would go as far to say he will be one of the main reasons that we stay up if we do

People near you must be hard to please

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent today. When we can get players up and around him, he's fantastic - I think everything about him is high end Premier League quality bar his pace (and doesn't like a tackle much). Shame it's difficult to get him involved when we're under the cosh and that big gap appears from midfield to attack but we'd be in huge trouble without his contribution this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here