Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on people lets have some love for Pascal Groß

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
:shrug:

So if you think no one has produced the goods in other recent games, and presumably you think just about all of them produced the goods on Saturday, what is the reason you think they all upped their game? Gross and Murray because of new competition for their places, but what about everyone else?

I altered one post about Gross (not about anyone else) and did so slightly as a piss take, as I reject the idea that everything in Gross's improved performance was down to new competition. Even in the same post I said that competition for places was good, but let's not overdo it, so I recognise that competition can help a bit with performances, but it wouldn't be the entire reason for Gross's good game.

That is hugely different from what you claim I said:
"You also said people who believe the new signings have improved the first XI performances were idiots!"

I'm clearly not wrong. I've not changed the meaning of anything with selective quotes, I've just quoted things you've said and got wrong.

You wouldn't recognise sensible logic if it slapped you in the face.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ng_spurred_on_by_fierce_competition_up_front/

What do I know...

Huh?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not much. You realise that article is about Murray, and doesn't mention Gross?

Yes, yes I did.

That aside old boy; clearly Chris is an “idiot” as one of “those people” who foolishly believe competition has an impact on performance.

Naturally Gross isn’t worried about Jurgen playing behind Murray one iota.

Or is he?!?

I knew you’d bite Trigg.

Big hugs anyway as who really gives a shit if we keep on winning?!?

Let’s move on.

How about a nice game of chess?

Good old defcon 1.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
clearly Chris is an “idiot” as one of “those people” who foolishly believe competition has an impact on performance.
Same as me then:
Even in the same post I said that competition for places was good, but let's not overdo it, so I recognise that competition can help a bit with performances, but it wouldn't be the entire reason for Gross's good game.
Naturally Gross isn’t worried about Jurgen playing behind Murray one iota.
Apparently he's scored or assisted a larger percentage of his team's goals than any other player in the league has, so it's not like he's got a lot to worry about, and it also shows that he hasn't been shit up until now. The fact that Locadia has joined might have spurred Gross on a bit, but I doubt it's the main factor in how we played on Saturday.

Big hugs anyway as who really gives a shit if we keep on winning?!?
No one?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think the issue here is one of semantics.

To say a player has raised his game because of the arrival of competition for his place is seen as negative. But to say the player, or whole team, has been given a lift by the arrival of a new player is positive.

Ultimately the end result and the cause are the same, only the assumption of motive is different.

As fans it may be kinder to assume the latter.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Bar a couple of games, we have been competing in this league. It does not need a very big percentage rise in performance for drawers, close losses to become wins or even good wins. All players say new signings give the team a lift so yes, the whole team has been given a lift.

Bar a couple of games, we have been competing in this league. It does not need a very big percentage rise in performance for drawers, close losses to become wins or even good wins. All players say new signings give the team a lift so yes, the whole team has been given a lift.

Is that a chest of drawers or the old fashioned knicker variety.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So what's the football equivalent of the rugby pass into the bread basket? Gross has delivered some delicious passes that the likes of Muzza (Saturday) and Hemed (WBA home) could not have been better in terms of pace direction and ability to control on the move. I'd be gutted if he leaves in the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pascal Groß:

26 games

5 goals

6 assists

2.2 Key passes/game

Pass Completion = 77.2%

31.4 passes/game

Last 7 games - 22 chances created (1st in PL)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might as well join the other :bounce:rs

Only 2 goals created by Groß having more time than everybody else, in the oppositions penalty area.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Class. If he had pace he’d be playing for top 6 team. His touch, weight of pass and decision making is superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Priceless:

IMG_2384.PNG

Unlike the others, he keeps under the media hype radar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Priceless:

View attachment 94490

Unlike the others, he keeps under the media hype radar.
It seems like an odd thing to write, but with Jose bang on form, AK playing catch up and Locadia looking like he knows how to find a yard of space, I think Pascal's heading for second place in that league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It seems like an odd thing to write, but with Jose bang on form, AK playing catch up and Locadia looking like he knows how to find a yard of space, I think Pascal's heading for second place in that league.

He could, CH plays him whilst some of the others are 'rotaded'.

I realise he was NOT an unknown, but great work by the recruitment foursome to get him.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Strange, I saw it differently.

Didn't have a poor game but below his usual standards. Felt he kept slowing down some dangerous looking breaks.

Still, can't be too bad with an assist to his name.

His pass for Knockaert today was inch perfect

I actually felt it was the wrong pass. Mawson not being able to sort his feet out made it the right pass in hindsight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here