Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on people lets have some love for Pascal Groß

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Brilliant in home games but seems to go on around him in away games. More to do with the formation and playing style than him though, IMHO.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Fixed.

I understand that competition for places is good, but let's not overdo it eh. We need to fight to survive in this league, I don't suppose someone like Gross wants to spend next season in the Championship. He'd also be facing competition from Baldock.

They may play together in some games when we need through balls to a pacey striker, depending on opposition.

PS – I trust you aren't one of those that might say he's raised his game now there's more competition for his place :)

No, just playing devils advocate. It wouldnt explain why Gaetan, Dale, Davy, Jose and everyone else were back to their best. All I know is that I am relieved to see it.

It will be interesting to see how Chris uses Locadia, will he and Jose be our left wing options and Solly and AK our right? Or will,he be an alternative to Gross, being used instead of Kayal?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I know it just a normal day for him to set up one with a perfectly weighted pass, and score another with Teutonic laser guided accuracy, but we still ought to highlight the fact he is fookin great, esp when the movement around him is top notch.

MOM for me. :love:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As said repeatidly by everyone I know, bargain of the season and does everything except pace. Needs to be the centrepiece around which the striker, 2 wingers and 2 deeper midfielders play. We can get away with Davy being slow too but important the other 4 have pace in that case.

When Locadia plays I think it will be like when Baldock slotted in previously. Instead of a winger on both sides we'll basically have one winger and one inside left who I'd call a 'forward'.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No they ****ing don't. Lots (some) of people near me today bemoaning him at half time.

Also, loads slagging Bong off, who I thought had a great game.
Everyone slags Bong off. It's the done thing. The guy behind us thinks he's absolute turd no matter how well he plays.

On Gross, I did think he needed to come off just before he scored, but that's only because I thought he looked knackered.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone needs to do a video compilation of all his Cryuff turns this season. Simply sublime.

Just don't show them in slo-mo.

The bandwidth canny take it.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think Gross up until yesterday contributed very little in last 5/6 games and many including me were suggesting he was left out. It seems people are saying when team plays well so does Gross. Well you can say that about most players. However when we are struggling team should look to Stevens,Propper and Gross to make something happen,His assist and goal yesterday were outstanding but thought he was poor in first half.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I think Gross up until yesterday contributed very little in last 5/6 games and many including me were suggesting he was left out. It seems people are saying when team plays well so does Gross. Well you can say that about most players. However when we are struggling team should look to Stevens,Propper and Gross to make something happen,His assist and goal yesterday were outstanding but thought he was poor in first half.

Perhaps when Groß plays well, the team plays well. Maybe he's the key?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I did as well, in fact at times in the first half, I thought he struggled to support Murray, but just got stronger and better as the game went on.

A fantastic asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps when Groß plays well, the team plays well. Maybe he's the key?
To me (and seemingly a fair few others) it's all about being on the front foot.

Jose and AK were attacking more than defending, for a change.
Nobody is stopping Bong & The Greyhound from going forward.

All of a sudden Groß has that second of space.
He doesn't have to create his own space, run after the ball, he can wait for a pass and the others know THE pass will be made.

He might not be allowed to do that v Stoke, it definitely won't happen v top 6, but it must happen v Swansea.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know it just a normal day for him to set up one with a perfectly weighted pass, and score another with Teutonic laser guided accuracy, but we still ought to highlight the fact he is fookin great, esp when the movement around him is top notch.

Can't disagree, but perhaps it needs to be said he has been pants recently. Perhaps we tick around him when he's having a blinder?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't disagree, but perhaps it needs to be said he has been pants recently. Perhaps we tick around him when he's having a blinder?

See above :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
And a lovely weighted pass to put Muzza in.

Shame is was not him when Solly had a chance to make it 4.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only read the opening gambit, sorry.

Judging by the timing of both our posts think we were in sync, for which I believe you need to take a good hard look at yourself! :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here