Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst linesman at the Amex?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Following the ‘... at the amex’ theme...

Is that the worst performance by a Lino at the Amex? I’m talking about the one running the west touchline. Was never up with play, missed 3 or 4 obvious West Ham offsides and gave murray offside when he looked in line. Also flagged for a foul when that West Ham player slipped over.

Oh well ...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I suspect you've been watching a different game, seems to me the officials were pretty much spot on. It's all to do with ones own perspective I s'pose

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Is that the worst performance by a Lino at the Amex? I’m talking about the one running the west touchline. Was never up with play, missed 3 or 4 obvious West Ham offsides and gave murray offside when he looked in line. Also flagged for a foul when that West Ham player slipped over.

Oh well ...

Notably the list of errors are all ones that should have gone in Albion's favour....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Oh well ...

Would agree with all of that especially the GM offside that he signalled to him that he had come back from an offside position absolute rubbish decison. It would have helped he could have kept up with the last player/defender which ever. Good advantage by the ref for our goal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does the ref and his 2 assistans work as 3 man team with each other every game? Roger East got terrible stick from MOTD for allowing 2 goals 1 for handball and 1 for blatant offside. so if they work as a team that would go towards explaining it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Today's wasn't great IMO but the linesman for the Chelsea game that missed two clear penalties was definitely worse!

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Does the ref nd his 2 assistans work as 3 man teram with each other every game? Roger East got terrible stick from MOTD for allowing 2 goals 1 for handball and 1 for blatant offside. so if they work as a team that would go towards explaining it.

does the ref nd his 2 assistans work as 3 man teram with each other every game?

Have you been drinking ???

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

Oh well ...
Completely agree with you.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Would agree with all of that especially the GM offside that he signalled to him that he had come back from an offside position absolute rubbish decison. It would have helped he could have kept up with the last player/defender which ever. Good advantage by the ref for our goal.

Murray was offside, I’ve seen the replay and no doubt about it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Oh well ...

He was shocking, always behind play as you say but there have been worse. The one running the East seemed to favour us so I ain't complaining.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Today's wasn't great IMO but the linesman for the Chelsea game that missed two clear penalties was definitely worse!

True although it was a close run thing with a west side lino, in our first season at the Amex, who flagged offside from a throw-in. Fortunately the referee ignored him.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Somehow they are always terrible to me! But yeah, this game, and moreso Chelsea, they have been shocking at the West end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here