Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - West Ham (H)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In a weakened team against a Championship side but in the Premier Propper and Stephens show their superior class and ability.

Really. Kayal to me has far more ability than Stephens and perhaps Propper. Without injury I think he would have played the majority of the games this season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Stephens and his passing. I really don't know why so many come out with this.

http://epl.squawka.com/english-premier-league/03-02-2018/brighton-vs-west-ham/matches

88% of his passes were successful today, against an average for the season of 85%. No-one else has such a successful pass rate. If he gives the ball away 'too often' why don't we complain even more about every other player, who all give it away more often?

Because the areas he tends to lose the ball in are dangerous areas for us to concede possession. By nature, they stand out more as they put the team under the cosh much quicker with the faster transitions in the Premier League.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We disagree as I do not think that he offers anywhere near as much as Propper and Stephen in anything other than effort.

I don’t agree. Kayal is immense and without the injuries he’d be a nailed on first choice in centre mid for us. Strong, aggressive, classy footwork, great in the tackle, good passer and always looking forward. If we can get him properly fit and firing with a run of games he’s easily PL class. He’s also a leader on the pitch - one of the ‘you need seven’.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We disagree as I do not think that he offers anywhere near as much as Propper and Stephen in anything other than effort.

We? Split personality Brian

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really. Kayal to me has far more ability than Stephens and perhaps Propper. Without injury I think he would have played the majority of the games this season.

Maybe under your management, not in the real world.

Stephens is, as far as our current manager's views, one of the first names on the sheet along with Dunk. And Propper cost us 10~ million pounds so I think you're going to struggle to convince anybody with that assertion.

Kayal is a quality player who could probably have been playing in the PL for years but his career has been ravaged by injuries.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stephens is, as far as our current manager's views, one of the first names on the sheet along with Dunk. And Propper cost us 10~ million pounds so I think you're going to struggle to convince anybody with that assertion.

Kayal is a quality player who could probably have been playing in the PL for years but his career has been ravaged by injuries.

The last point you make was exactly the point I was making, never mind.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Stephens and his passing. I really don't know why so many come out with this.

http://epl.squawka.com/english-premier-league/03-02-2018/brighton-vs-west-ham/matches

88% of his passes were successful today, against an average for the season of 85%. No-one else has such a successful pass rate. If he gives the ball away 'too often' why don't we complain even more about every other player, who all give it away more often?

Because some people wear blinkers when it comes to some players and never but NEVER see any good in anything they do...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Because some people wear blinkers when it comes to some players and never but NEVER see any good in anything they do...

I remember a while back on here Stephens was getting blamed for others players giving the ball away :lolol:

Which reminds me, shoutout to the guy in W1D today who belted out a 'FORWARDS FER FAHKS SAKE STEPHENS' ... as Davy Propper laid the ball back to Dunk.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Fook sake.. maybe, just maybe, all those above named players just played better... what do you think?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I remember a while back on here Stephens was getting blamed for others players giving the ball away :lolol:

Which reminds me, shoutout to the guy in W1D today who belted out a 'FORWARDS FER FAHKS SAKE STEPHENS' ... as Davy Propper laid the ball back to Dunk.

You're a bit of a Stephens freak. I thought Propper was MotM today. Propper passes the ball first time far more than Stephens does, and that is why I rate him more highly. Not that I don't rate Stephens.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Me and both you and Martin who like you raves about him.

Odd really there's something about Kayal that I appreciate without being fully able to quantify it. I think he subtly oozes class. He's one of those players who goes about his business, is consistent, and whilst not unsung isn't ever your man of the match.

Just had a thought, he's almost like a good referee performance, they go unnoticed due to not making any mistakes. Only post match do you reflect on their impact on the game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're a bit of a Stephens freak. I thought Propper was MotM today. Propper passes the ball first time far more than Stephens does, and that is why I rate him more highly. Not that I don't rate Stephens.

By that token I am also a Bong freak, a Baldock freak, a Hammond freak, a Murray freak, a Barnes freak etc etc.

We always have players where our fans can't for the life of them see their value.

Propper was also my MotM today by the way so don't know why you latched onto my post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great post.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Odd really there's something about Kayal that I appreciate without being fully able to quantify it. I think he subtly oozes class. He's one of those players who goes about his business, is consistent, and whilst not unsung isn't ever your man of the match.

A players player rather than supporters. I think he offers a lot and then falls short. of expectation. The last pass. last tackle or final shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here