Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day 03/02/2018 - Official Thread

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Ball to hand. Too close. Couldn't get it out of the way. Not deliberate, so not a foul. (according to Pearce)

You go towards the attacking player with your arms outstretched like that, it's deliberate. He made the choice to go spread-eagle, and I have no doubt he's done because it made him a larger blockage between Murray and the goal, and quite possibly because he knew that by getting so close before the shot was taken he had a chance of a pen appeal being waved off for exactly the reasons given.

For me, it's a pen.

Having said that, though, the trajectory it was on I suspect it was on it's way into orbit to join Ulloa's pen so might have been a fair call :p.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You go towards the attacking player with your arms outstretched like that, it's deliberate. He made the choice to go spread-eagle, and I have no doubt he's done because it made him a larger blockage.

Tend to agree. If it’s a cross or a shot on the edge of the box, ok, the defender might deserve the benefit of the doubt. But a shot that close in, central to the goal.... very lucky to get away with it. If you’re going to be waving your arms above head height, you’re taking a massive risk.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You go towards the attacking player with your arms outstretched like that, it's deliberate. He made the choice to go spread-eagle, and I have no doubt he's done because it made him a larger blockage between Murray and the goal, and quite possibly because he knew that by getting so close before the shot was taken he had a chance of a pen appeal being waved off for exactly the reasons given.

For me, it's a pen.
Agreed.

Having said that, though, the trajectory it was on I suspect it was on it's way into orbit to join Ulloa's pen so might have been a fair call :p.
Is there a new rule where the ref has to be sure the shot is on target?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think anybody knows what a penalty for handball is today.
Apparently it has to be intentional, but players very rarely intentionally put hand to ball.
I get that if it is very close and hit hard and the offenders arms and hands are by his side and the ball hits, but any other scenario if it hits an arm or hand is handball.
The west hams player had his arms up in the air.
Penalty!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They got Izzy and Knocky mixed up!

Still, they do look similar!!!!!
I like the way Izzy, Gross and Murray linked up for the first goal. They even put a cirlcle around Knocky and called him Izzy while Izzy was stood at the bottom of the picture.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like the way Izzy, Gross and Murray linked up for the first goal. They even put a cirlcle around Knocky and called him Izzy while Izzy was stood at the bottom of the picture.

The best move was the one where Gross scuffed the shot a bit and it deflected wide of the left hand post. Half a dozen excellent passes.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here