Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 3/2 - 4/2

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Well played Watford. Chelsea were awful and it could have been an even bigger score line

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another rival takes points off a big team...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Now they will lose to West Ham taking them up to 30 pts for both. We need to win at Stoke to keep up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And then there were 9...

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
ManC could have been out of sight, but Burnley still in with a chance. Dyche and his players are awkward buggers.

Aaron Lennon for Burnley is quality.

Signing Lennon will improve our attacking options no end. I am especially looking forward to see how well he links up with our best player, midfield schemer Steven Defour, but unfortunately will have to wait until next season. Defour underwent a knee cartilage op this week and misses the rest of the season and probably the World Cup for Belgium. We could well have finished 7th and qualified for Europe if Defour (and Lennon) had stayed fit but I cannot see us finishing higher than 10th now.

Whatever, neutrals should see a more expansive Burnley style next season - more goals for and more against.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am especially looking forward to see how well he links up with our best player, midfield schemer Steven Defour, but unfortunately will have to wait until next season. Defour underwent a knee cartilage op this week and misses the rest of the season and probably the World Cup for Belgium.
He barely plays for Belgium anyway does he? Can't imagine he'd have made their squad.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
He barely plays for Belgium anyway does he? Can't imagine he'd have made their squad.

Think you would have imagined very wrong.

He has won several more caps since joining Burnley in August 2016 and has been in EVERY Belgium squad so far this season. Belgium are quite well blessed when it comes to midfielders compared to England.

Sir Alex Ferguson really rated Defour who was reportedly on th verge of signing for United before he suffered a bad foot injury. I read somewhere that he had to have a "type of cement" grafted into bone. Amazing he can still play to such a top-class standard - man of the match in his last game (ironically against United in the 0-1 defeat on Jan 20). Still, he has that "worldie" to dream about - the free-kick in the 2-2 draw at OT on Boxing Day.

De Gea was left floundering - the only time anyone has scored against him from outside the area this season.:)

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Any idea how many exactly?

Four caps since joining Burnley iin August 2016 - played in 2014 World Cup but lost his place when returning from Porto to the low-standard Belgian League.

In the last squad, he was on the bench but was controversially being kept out by Axel Witsel, who plies his trade in the Chinese League. Martinez has been at Turf Moor a couple of times this season to check on Defour, so it was looking good for SD - who was leading the race to be Burnley's player of the year before his unfortunate injury.

He is still only 29 with one year left on his contract so I hope we can tie him down to a new deal by offering enough to stop him going to China or the Middle-East.

He has to be a bit of a legend after winning his first cap at the tender age of 18 - not many England players get a cap so young.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here