Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets remaining for Swansea

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bit surprised Swansea haven't sold out. Have they played at the Amex previously?

I shall be driving back to Sussex from Swansea for that game, on the Saturday morning, in a car containing three Swans fans :ascarf: Happily, it'll be my car, so the only scarves permitted to be displayed in the window will be blue and white (any violations of this policy and the perpetrators may be dumped on the side of the M4).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that link on the ticket site ? When I clicked ‘season ticket holders can list their seats for resale here’ it took me to a page where I can buy (not sell) tickets.

Yep (within the red rectangle I've added), but as others have said before...

1. It's not very obvious
2. If you were looking to sell a ticket, why would you be in the place to BUY tickets.
(and 3 - quite often the link doesn't work at all for people)

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 19.12.00.png

From >>> https://seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep (within the red rectangle I've added), but as others have said before...

1. It's not very obvious
2. If you were looking to sell a ticket, why would you be in the place to BUY tickets.
(and 3 - quite often the link doesn't work at all for people)

View attachment 94031

From >>> https://seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

I think i’m In category 3 then.
I’m happy to list our tickets for sale as we are unable to attend. Unfortunately the link only allows us to buy (not sell) tickets.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There is currently ONE SEAT available in the whole ground.

Nice one in E1D. Be quick...!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Bit surprised Swansea haven't sold out. Have they played at the Amex previously?

I shall be driving back to Sussex from Swansea for that game, on the Saturday morning, in a car containing three Swans fans :ascarf: Happily, it'll be my car, so the only scarves permitted to be displayed in the window will be blue and white (any violations of this policy and the perpetrators may be dumped on the side of the M4).

Saw something, Swansea originally asked for 1150 tickets, then asked for 1800, sales where slow so requested they didn't want anymore, we asked again if they wanted more and they said no. Then their fortunes turned round and fans wanted more tickets it was too late to ask for more by then.

I think i’m In category 3 then.
I’m happy to list our tickets for sale as we are unable to attend. Unfortunately the link only allows us to buy (not sell) tickets.

It won’t work with an ipad/iphone. Assuming that’s what you are using?

If you hold down on the ‘click here’ you will be given the option to copy link URL which you can them paste into the brower.

Or this is the link you need: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/swansea1718

I told the club about this months ago when on a call to upgrade a kid ticket. They told me they would look into it.......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Saw something, Swansea originally asked for 1150 tickets, then asked for 1800, sales where slow so requested they didn't want anymore, we asked again if they wanted more and they said no. Then their fortunes turned round and fans wanted more tickets it was too late to ask for more by then.

It was this - https://www.swanseacity.com/news/brighton-ticket-statement

WITH SWANSEA CITY’S ALLOCATION OF AWAY TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR THE FORTHCOMING PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE AT BRIGHTON, THE CLUB HAS RECEIVED NUMEROUS QUERIES REGARDING THE SALE PROCESS.

The club appreciate that a number of supporters were disappointed to miss out on the opportunity of making their first trip to the Amex Stadium, so we would like to clarify the process.

As is the case with all away fixtures, the club is offered various allocation options, normally varying between approximately 1,000 and 3,000 tickets depending on the capacity and segregation layout of the stadium in question.

Once the club confirms its first preferred option, it could have the commitment to pay for all the tickets whether they are sold or not, depending on the opposition club in question.

The club also has the option of increasing its allocation within a set period of time, if it did not take the full allocation at the first request.

Again, the club usually has to pay for the majority of unsold tickets if it does not reach a minimum sales level set by the opposition club.

The club looks at many factors when deciding its preferred option. This includes the number of tickets sold for the previous fixture between the two clubs; the significance of the game; the travelling distance and the general trend of away tickets sold so far during that current season.

It is not an exact science, but the club uses its best endeavours to satisfy expected demand from supporters, while also trying to limit any losses from unsold tickets, especially as the club already subsidises away tickets by £10 each for Jack Army member to the tune of around £300,000 per season.

In reference to the Brighton game, the club had the allocation options of approximately 1,100; 1,850; 2,550 or 3,000 tickets.

The club chose 1,100 as its first option safe in the knowledge that it could increase the allocation by a set time.

Once the club saw we were closing in on selling the 1,100 tickets, we increased our allocation and commitment to 1,850.

One month prior to the fixture date, the away club is required to provide their final ticket commitment. At the time we needed to make our final decision, our ticket sales were around 1,200 and, as such, the final option we chose was 1,850.

Based upon historical data and ticket sales trends, we believed the remaining available tickets would meet the required demand.

When the second option of Brighton tickets sold out, the club requested a further allocation, but the deadline had passed and Brighton, quite rightly, had already started to sell the additional capacity to home fans.

Despite all the data and research described earlier we used to reach our decision, the club recognises that in hindsight we got this one wrong. We underestimated the desire of our supporters to make their first trip to the Amex Stadium and the number of fans who chose to purchase tickets later than usual in the sales process.

As a result, the club apologises to supporters who have missed the opportunity of making the trip to support Carlos Carvalhal and the squad.

The club is constantly reviewing its processes and will carry the lessons learnt from the Brighton fixture into future decision-making.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It won’t work with an ipad/iphone. Assuming that’s what you are using?

If you hold down on the ‘click here’ you will be given the option to copy link URL which you can them paste into the brower.

Or this is the link you need: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/swansea1718

I told the club about this months ago when on a call to upgrade a kid ticket. They told me they would look into it.......

Thank you. Yes, I was using an iPhone (although it also didn’t work on an apple computer-in Safari, didn’t try Chrome). Eventually I used that link as posted by someone else earlier in the thread but thought it odd that I would have to rely on that when reselling Premier League seats. Once in the system the process is actually quite straightforward but the shop voucher is not much of an incentive. At least there will be three seats occupied that otherwise would have been empty.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You might want to edit that post. There's too much identifiable info, which could get you in trouble with the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apart from a wheelchair/companion seat in the SW corner, this is pretty much cooked. A decent forecast, a 6 pointer, no train issues could see a new record crowd. The away end is sold out (albeit a smaller allocaiton but more for us).

If you have a season tickeet and won’t go it is sure to be snapped up on the exchange. It’s fairly easy to do and will get you up to a £25 shop voucher: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/swansea1718

If you’ve made a late decision and ‘must’ be there tomorrow or want the 1901 lounge experience there are currently 48 tickets avaialble at £95.00. These are mainly in the West Middle

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here