Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you in favour of giving Coventry a bigger than 15% allocation?

Should we give Coventry a bigger allocation?

• Total voters

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ish. Accommodate as many as want to come subject to not turning away Albion fans who want to come.

Albion fans have priority at the Amex, always.

Yes of course, I was assuming we won't sell out based on the level of interest from albion fans in the last round

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes of course, I was assuming we won't sell out based on the level of interest from albion fans in the last round
Yes, but not a Monday night, with travel disruption and goons at the Amex ( well, maybe... ).

Another issue with opening the upper tiers late or once all lower tier seating is gone is what do you do for late comers who want or need the lower tier, maybe due to mobility issues.

For the pre season friendly this was the case. Mum expressed an Intersst in going the day before but decided against due to the stairs.

Get the uppers open!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Don't quite understand this obsession with having a full ground that seems to be pursued with every home game!!! Answered no as I don't want 8,000 odd coventry fans cheering their team into the quarter finals.

That said I think the approach of the club is quite backward. We're WSU STHs but can't get our tickets. Took the decision to get WSL near the back as I didn't want to wait and find the buggers don't open up the upper tier and then get stuck with seats pitch side. There must be enough money to cover the cost of opening up the whole ground from day one and more likely that they would have sold a lot more a lot quicker. Probably reflects the clubs attitude to the competition.

As for the Albion fans, fed up with the amount of whinging about tickets and then when there is a deal like this, a slow take up. Will be interesting to see what the take up is on Monday when the Bronze bods can get their mitts on some.

Those with purchase history cannot buy until the seventh of Feb so that's when the sales are likely to pick up I.M.O, that's when the club will guage if to open other areas.
A question to anyone who knows?.....
is the bronze payment an annual thing or a one off payment?

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Those with purchase history cannot buy until the seventh of Feb so that's when the sales are likely to pick up I.M.O, that's when the club will guage if to open other areas.
A question to anyone who knows?.....
is the bronze payment an annual thing or a one off payment?

Annual thing. I signed a direct debit for payment to be taken each year

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Maybe. But there’s c20,000 people who could buy c80,000 seats right now.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Coventry took over 8000 to MK Dons in the last round and although we are a little further away, the consensus on their forum is that the 4500 (15%) allocation will likely sell out to season ticket holders.

It would be pretty easy for the club to give them H block in the East Lower thus increasing their allocation by about 600 to just over 5000.

Should we let them have this or keep it for ourselves (even if it looks like we won’t sell out in the home end)

Isn't Milton Keynes less than an hour down the M1?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The STH + 3 thing which is clunky, only works in certain circumstances, and Albion's own ticketing team on the phone don't seem to know about. Some may be waiting for later ticketing tiers to open so they can buy the tickets they need even though they could get them now.

Bum, wasnt aware of this
Me and some other season ticket guys were holding out for general sale so not always attending friends and family could all sit together for the game. Didn’t realise ST holders could have 4 tickets. My own fault I suppose, only read the “more information” page on the ticket website which didn’t give this info. Must read club emails more often.

As an away fan I hate upper tiers only. Necastle is a fine example. But anyhow, I think the ESU is about 5k so similar to the current options.

Also there is then the issue of the away mob being above the family stand - not ideal.

Plus esu are the best seats in the ground, shame its not out popular end. If not opened for this game then probably not bother getting inferior seats.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Coventry took over 8000 to MK Dons in the last round and although we are a little further away, the consensus on their forum is that the 4500 (15%) allocation will likely sell out to season ticket holders.

It would be pretty easy for the club to give them H block in the East Lower thus increasing their allocation by about 600 to just over 5000.

Should we let them have this or keep it for ourselves (even if it looks like we won’t sell out in the home end)

Give them 15,000 and have a sing off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It might well be Locadia and Ulloa's (this time round) first starts for the Albion.

Winning this game is worth a decent sum.

£90k minimum extra prize money
£124k minimum TV money (on basis a Q4 if guaranteed a TV slot)
£270k minimum gate receipt money (based on 45% of a 30k gate with an average £20 ticket price)

So, half a mil for winning one game guaranteed with the chance to quadruple that win one additional win and a Wembley semi

I hope we put out a very strong team for this one

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why do football clubs do it to each other? We had massive away games last season in half full stadiums which our fans couldn't attend. Football clubs should be looking to help each others fans out and if they have to move a few home supporters, so be it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't know how many tickets are left but our Bronze and general sale are not even on sale yet so i would of thought we would sell out quite easily , if we don't , then it would seem the FA Cup is indeed a irritation to Premiere League clubs rather than the best footballing competition in the world apart from the World Cup , and that my furry friends is a bit sad .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here