Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you in favour of giving Coventry a bigger than 15% allocation?

Should we give Coventry a bigger allocation?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's also why I struggle to understand why some are not more excited about the Coventry game. Let's face it, we have NEVER won a major trophy in our history, and if we can beat Cov we are only 3 wins away from doing so.

For the fans, it really shouldn't be about £££ for the club, it should be about the GLORY.

PG

I agree, but in the last 35 years this is the 7th time we've been in the 5th Round,1983, 1984, 1986, 2011. 2012, 2014 and 2018. We've been three games from winning it and on two occasions we went a bit further. Unfortunately, the romance of the cup is lost on a lot of modern fans, even some that were around in 83!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bronze members can each buy 4 tickets from today.

Should be a surge on sales.

Followed by another surge on Wednesday when tickets are available to those with a purchase history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bronze members can each buy 4 tickets from today.

Should be a surge on sales.

Followed by another surge on Wednesday when tickets are available to those with a purchase history.

Interesting to see how this goes today........could have upper tiers open by midweek.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Depends if the extra allocation includes Jon Gaunt

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No brainer. Of course give them as many tickets as they can sell.
I understand we have closed the upper tiers anyway.

Cov fans have been through absolute shit for years now and we should be doing all we can to accommodate those Cov fans who want a day out by the seaside.

Extra revenue for our club too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No brainer. Of course give them as many tickets as they can sell.
I understand we have closed the upper tiers anyway.

Cov fans have been through absolute shit for years now and we should be doing all we can to accommodate those Cov fans who want a day out by the seaside.

Extra revenue for our club too.
The upper tiers will presumably open to Brighton fans once we sell out the lower.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
If Albion fans are not going to buy up all "home" seats then yes, Coventry fans should be allowed to have extra tickets. There were many on NSC at the end of last season (including me) critising Aston Villa for not allowing Brighton fans to have extra tickets when the whole of an upper tier on one side of Villa Park was left empty. That match could have seen us win The Football League Chamionship and to not allow our fans to have extra tickets to witness what could have been a great achievement for us was disgraceful.

It should be easy enough to allow Coventry fans to occupy all or part of East Upper, if we open up West Upper for our own fans. Coventry fans would still be segregated and if really necessary, the part of East Upper above the family seats in East Lower could be cordoned off with netting (i.e fill up East Upper with Coventry fans starting at the South East end of the stadium).

Hopefully our own club will realise as many Brighton and Coventry fans as possible should be allowed to see the match, rather than have empty seats in the stadium. I would like to think this may be one of the reasons the upper tiers have been held back from sale for the time being.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I would like to think this may be one of the reasons the upper tiers have been held back from sale for the time being.
Not a chance unfortunately. Reality is that the club are desperate to play down the FA Cup this year and want as little fuss as possible.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Cov's latest tweet suggests tickets being delivered today but they have yet to release how many each ST can buy. You can read it either way (i.e nothing doing or they may get more)

[tweet]960508093443567617[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cov's latest tweet suggests tickets being delivered today but they have yet to release how many each ST can buy. You can read it either way (i.e nothing doing or they may get more)

Somewhat bizarre that the physical presence of tickets is required for them to release some pretty basic information.

...and this game is now only 12 days away.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Looks like we've given them WSU.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Somewhat bizarre that the physical presence of tickets is required for them to release some pretty basic information.

As they think as well:

BHAFC - 'Tickets are in the post'
CCFC - 'Sweet, how many we got?'
BHAFC - 'Not telling you, you'll have to count them when they arrive! #bantz'
CCFC - 'OK! Lolz'

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

For the MK game, Cov let each ST have 4 tickets per ST. As a result this sold out to this group only and people who had attended any FA cup game previously (in the next batch) couldn't get any tickets. This caused a bit of a binfest. Whether they are delaying because they might get more or don't want to completely nause it up again is the question. Also, buying a ticket from Cov online is a similar experience to our ticket exchange when it opens. For the MK game, all of the people I knew went to physically buy it from the shop.

I almost miss this type of Tinpottery from the Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I almost miss this type of Tinpottery from the Albion.

Oh, for all the polish, I think we still rank pretty well for ticketing tinpottery. It's like that little nugget of "old Albion" that's still in there and no one seems able to get rid of!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
xcx.JPG

4,529 it is then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here