Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've got no time for his politics but fair play to him, Theresa May or Nigel Farage would have been straight out the back door.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Whilst I agree that he had an admirable confidence to challenge the protesters in debate I wouldn't personally promote anyone who is against abortion even when rape or incest has occurred as a legend. Personally I would call them a deranged, out of touch religious extremist and would happily debate the man on his arguments.

Further to this I found his comment in an interview with the BBC where he said 'they weren't going to hit me, they were British' very peculiar. Whilst I am getting really fed up with some of the PC bullshit going on at the moment where everyone is so offended by everything, JRM is one of the most disgustingly out of touch humans on the planet. One man's backbone is another man's delusion.

On your first point, I know this is a sensitive area of argument, but can you not see that people who are against abortion view it as taking a human life, and can't see doing that as being an acceptable solution, even to the worst of situations. Without wanting to start a debate about the issue, is it really fair to say that someone who sees things that way, i.e. it's taking a life and taking a life is wrong even in the most tragic of situations, is a deranged extremist? Because, while people disagree on whether it's a human life, most people agree that taking a human life is wrong, don't they?

On your second point,

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
He's a well educated principled man, who not afraid to voice his beliefs even though some are controversial. It's refreshing to see a politician answer questions honestly. I think he will be the next conservative leader

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hopefully as this rancid toff is totally unelectable

I wouldn't bet on that. People do tend to admire those who stick to their beliefs, even when the social media cowards use the anonymity of the internet to stick the knife in. Afterall, many folk admire Corbyn for doing precisely the same and facing up much criticism, so one would have to be consistent, but I am sure that you aren't . .

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Writing that about someone whom you don't like, just confirms that the comment probably applies to you rather more.

It amazes me how nasty some people can get towards others they simply disagree politically with.

Very sad, but you're right, what they say in those cases says far more about them than it does about those who they think they are speaking about.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I wouldn't bet on that. People do tend to admire those who stick to their beliefs, even when the social media cowards use the anonymity of the internet to stick the knife in. Afterall, many folk admire Corbyn for doing precisely the same and facing up much criticism, so one would have to be consistent, but I am sure that you aren't . .

You mean like this....

171002-rees-mogg-abortion-pills.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You mean like this....

View attachment 93771

If you want to have a serious debate about politics, that would be welcome.

But things like this are typical of today's liberals, and that is why nobody respects you. Not sure if you are being dishonest or lazy, but that picture is misleading.

Mr Rees Mogg does not have any of his own personal money invested in the fund, and has not personally managed investments since he became an MP in 2010.

Kalbe Farme produces and markets pills that are used to treat stomach ulcers but they are widely known to trigger terminations and in Indonesia, where abortions are illegal and carried out in black market clinics, they are commonly used for this purpose.

Mr Rees-Mogg added: “I don’t manage the funds and haven’t done so since I became an MP. But the funds have to be run in accordance with the requirements of the investors and not according to my religious beliefs.

“This is not something I would wish to invest in personally but you have a duty as an investment manager not to impose constraints on investors.”

He went on: “This company does not procure the abortion of babies. It’s not my money in these investments and I profit from the total amount of client money we hold, not the investments we make.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...nference-tory-leadership-leader-a7976386.html

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This. And I hate all these 'no platforming' idiot students. Let the man talk. A mate of mine was a forensic social worker whose job was to assess folk seeking relase while held under the mental health act after a serious criminal conviction. His tactic was to let them talk. So often, eventually they'd say something tremendously inappropriate, and have to be led back to their room. That's the best way to deal with Moggy or spare head 3 (deputy labour leader). Ask them politely about their views on reincarnation/the IRA; homosexuality/Israel; the NHS/private schools - stand back, and - BINGO! Meltdown, and then they are led out to a waiting taxi and a ride back to oblivion.

Incidentally, regarding students, I set an essay for a group of them recently, deadline some weeks hence. One has asked for an extension because he has to 'prepare' for two interviews for medical school. This request was declind. He appealed, huffing and puffing with faux entitlement. Appeal declined. Most students are very nice. Some, however, are absurd snow flakes (the lefties) or bro flakes (the hooray henrys, fundamentalists and mentalists), with absolutely no sense of perspective, rasonableness, fair play tc etc.
Can't stand them either as all are brainwashed young and incredibly anti British....Just goes to show that when you're young you believe everything they tell you at universities and act in an idiotic way.
At least the righties have life experience and can make their own minds up about politics and what's happening !!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Brilliant. Tragic how easily some on here fall for his charms merely because he says things they want to hear. Which is how things like Brexit end up happening.

Like falling for a sinister looking black and white with hints of red poster.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
r8npv9vcqiiz.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Because he was a complete failure as Mayor of London !

The fact his primary legacies are the Garden Bridge (which seems to have been a shady scheme where the money and people have now disappeared into thin air) and that stupid cable car which goes from near somewhere to nowhere rather speaks for itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here