Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jacob Rees-Mogg.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Looks like extreme Left remainiacs are now picking on little Children, got to pick on someone I suppose, now that picking on Jewish people is off limits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmmm

You mighty want to think about what it might mean to declare oneself an 'anarchist' (though in this case he is giving real anarchists a bad name) and whether or not that is compatible with being a 'remainiac'?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Hmmmm

You mighty want to think about what it might mean to declare oneself an 'anarchist' (though in this case he is giving real anarchists a bad name) and whether or not that is compatible with being a 'remainiac'?

Don't rush him, he's only been up 2 hours and is still working his way through the Telegraph headline

And maybe it's just me, but if I had some swivel-eyed loon screaming on my doorstep, the very first thing I would do is take my kids inside, before I dealt with it :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Vote Leave........tolerate/like/admire JRM
Vote Remain.....no time for him/dislike/loathe JRM

No middle ground with Mr Marmite.

Mmmmmm....I voted remain and while I don't agree with JRM's Catholicism, or his approach to the EU (he has been an MP for a while and did not step up to the plate wrt reformation, and the leave stance is hard to represent as anything but a flounce, IMV), he is indeed unfailingly polite and courteous, and he has a dry sense of self-effacing humour that has revealed itself on HIGNFY, for example.

Not sure he's be able to have a decent chat with me about football or music, though. So reluctantly, I'm out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I voted remain but like the fact that JRM sees no need to attempt to be a man of the people or to dumb down in any way. Like Boris Johnson, he comes out with the occasional piece of Latin and is not ashamed to be seen as educated.

On the other hand, he's a hypocrite whose company advises its client on the best way to overcome the financial difficulties that Brexit will cause and he's a self-important jerk who thinks that the PM should take any notice whatever of his opinions as a back-bencher.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like extreme Left remainiacs are now picking on little Children, got to pick on someone I suppose, now that picking on Jewish people is off limits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genuinely surprised that us looney left antichrist anti- everything baying mob types have not thought of targeting politicians children before, glad that loophole has been closed. Hopefully, Jeremy Corbyn will not fall in to the same trap of carrying children around when attending meetings surrounded by pro/anti demonstrators.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Genuinely surprised that us looney left antichrist anti- everything baying mob types have not thought of targeting politicians children before, glad that loophole has been closed. Hopefully, Jeremy Corbyn will not fall in to the same trap of carrying children around when attending meetings surrounded by pro/anti demonstrators.

Luckily Rees-Mogg rushed his children , wife and nanny inside as soon as it happened rather than allow them to be photographed being insulted and abused

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's on Radio 4 question time right now. How many times is that he's been chosen now? It's as if the BBC are promoting his career. He gets more publicity than Edwina Currie and she wasn't just a backbencher like him.

I heard a broadsheet columnist describe him as the most entertainingly absurd character in Westminster. This is why he gets the airtime and why we are commenting about him on a thread on a football forum.

He reminds me of a failed Empire General from Star Wars. I’d love to see Vader give him the invisible choke!

D

Deleted member 2719

He's on Radio 4 question time right now. How many times is that he's been chosen now? It's as if the BBC are promoting his career. He gets more publicity than Edwina Currie and she wasn't just a backbencher like him.

The thing is he should be sitting right at the front bench, firmly in the middle.

He is on the money and he can bring in farage alongside him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The thing is he should be sitting right at the front bench, firmly in the middle.

In what? A suicide pact? Fazza isn't even a tory let alone an MP. You sound like you have your finger on the pulse of the future much in the way the hippies did during the summer of love, except wearing a cardigan instead of a kaftan, and smoking a briar pipe rather than a bong. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I heard a broadsheet columnist describe him as the most entertainingly absurd character in Westminster. This is why he gets the airtime and why we are commenting about him on a thread on a football forum.

He reminds me of a failed Empire General from Star Wars. I’d love to see Vader give him the invisible choke!

He reminds me of a sort of Catholic heterosexual Brian Sewell, but without an eye for a good painting.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He reminds me of a sort of Catholic heterosexual Brian Sewell, but without an eye for a good painting.

If I was to become a rabid Brexiteer, and it is on my list of possible new year resolutions, usually after a few beers and in a to hell with it moment, then this is the man that I would want to be our leader. It would be the only way to succeed, low regulation, compete as a thorn in the side of the EU, scrap for every dollar. The Momentum approach won’t work. So, a few more beers and I’m #teamSmog

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I was to become a rabid Brexiteer, and it is on my list of possible new year resolutions, usually after a few beers and in a to hell with it moment, then this is the man that I would want to be our leader. It would be the only way to succeed, low regulation, compete as a thorn in the side of the EU, scrap for every dollar. The Momentum approach won’t work. So, a few more beers and I’m #teamSmog

Singe me up. I often get very Brexitty when warmed by the boudoire of the grape. I start planning who to sling out, just as I nod off.

In the morning (to paraphrase Winston Churchill) I'm sober. :lolol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I think he is like a lot of football commentators, talks a good game but when put in the driving seat he would f*** it up big time.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I rather liked him being described as "a barmaid's idea of a gentleman".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here