Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Ferring to Tooting

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hi All
I gotta go from Ferring / Worthing to St Georges Hospital, Tooting on Friday next circa 11.00 am.
Did a dry run this am and it is not very driver friendly in the surrounding area, pretty congested and parking at hospital (not to mention locally) seems well dodgy.
Have looked at all manner of options, train to Streatham Common and G1 bus direct to door which seems best, but I would be s-o-o-h pleased if anyone can offer a better suggestion (BTW, train assumes no industrial action before 22nd February which is the next I believe). Sadly Tooting Broadway is on the Northen line which is not best accessible from here.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
UTA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy drive Ferring to Leatherhead on A24 then Oxshott and A3 come off at Raynes Park just after Tolworth straight to St Georges coming in from the old Dons ground and dog track. Leave Ferring at 9.00 am over Long Furlong. Sorry cant help with parking

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I would drive straight up the A24 to Stoneleigh. You can park on the streets not too far from station.

Then get train from Stoneleigh to Tooting (overland railway), changing at Wimbledon. There may be bus options, but would also involve changing, so not necessarily cheaper or quicker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The drive to Stoneleigh is terrible for traffic through Ashtead and Epsom so if wanting to part drive he would be better going my route and park at Tolworth change train at Wimbledon

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Not 100% sure what you mean by "dodgy", but I lived in Tooting for years and my oldest boy was born at St George's. Never had any problems and can't see what issue you'd have with parking at the hospital, other than possibly finding a space. If so, as others have said not all the streets round there are permit only.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is a road nearby with meters on - Coverton Road. I've always found spaces there during the day.

Yes I managed to park there a couple of weeks ago. Spaces were a bit short as some of the meter parking had been withdrawn due to works being carried out. Parking £2.80 an hour for up to 4 hours by card.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thank you all for your input.
My use of the word dodgy simply referred to the possibility of not finding anywhere to park and potentially missing appointment.
I will take all suggestions on board.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just want to pass on my best wishes, ferring seagull, and I hope everything goes well for you - transport and at the hospital. Still haven't forgotten you helping me just over two years ago mate. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here