Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Palace don't always sell out in the PL and barely need 24k seats let alone 34k. They drop out of the Premier League and its bye bye to all the Liverpool, United, Chelsea and PL tourists who pad out their attendances. 10k fans in a 34k in the Championship won't look pretty.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Palace don't always sell out in the PL and barely need 24k seats let alone 34k. They drop out of the Premier League and its bye bye to all the Liverpool, United, Chelsea and PL tourists who pad out their attendances. 10k fans in a 34k in the Championship won't look pretty.

10k Palace fans rattling around Selhurst in the Championship will look pretty good to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well there seemed to be lot of empty seats around the ground, It was nearly 2k short of capacity, there didn't seem to be that amount of sterile area

It was about 1000 less than max match capacity, but that is dependent on police advise concerning sterile areas, so taking into account only 2000 away fans instead of 2500 that's 500 off max match capacity and I would have thought that was again on Police advise, the match sold out to Palace fans with about two weeks to go.

Anyway silly discussion when Brighton sold our neither of their games against Palace, with 1 game being less than 50% full.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It was about 1000 less than max match capacity, but that is dependent on police advise concerning sterile areas, so taking into account only 2000 away fans instead of 2500 that's 500 off max match capacity and I would have thought that was again on Police advise, the match sold out to Palace fans with about two weeks to go.

Anyway silly discussion when Brighton sold our neither of their games against Palace, with 1 game being less than 50% full.
Go back to the BBS and bash your nob over a £100m (ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUND) stand with the rest of the Parish lovers.

You better hope Khan gives it the go ahead lol.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't the right thing to have built a brand new stadium somewhere else in the catchment area? Any team aspiring to have long-term Prem ambitions surely has to make the place accessible, desirable and attractive?

I see that unlike the Albion they won't be including public transport as part of the ticket price, and it is a horrible area if you're in a car.

By staying at Selhurst I don't think they're broadening their appeal to the rest of South London and North Sussex - in pub terms it's like drinking in somebody's local, somewhere tucked away down a side-street. One of the things I love about the Amex is it being so visible to the people of Sussex as they drive by on the A27, a building to be seen and be proud of.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Go back to the BBS and bash your nob over a £100m (ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUND) stand with the rest of the Parish lovers.

You better hope Khan gives it the go ahead lol.

You are a very angry man, go chill. I am only courteous on these boards and never get into spats with shouty angry people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody pipe dream imo. All sounds a bit Bellotti to me, were the plans written on the back of a fag packet?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well there seemed to be lot of empty seats around the ground, It was nearly 2k short of capacity, there didn't seem to be that amount of sterile area

Im sorry, but you cannot talk about Crystal Palace and include the word sterile in a meaningful sentance.
Everything to do with the club is contaminated

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Nice stand well we would think that. It's a carbon of our West Stand. The thing is the stadium will still look shit like a cobbled together adhoc collection of random stands. Its strange approach as there doesn't seem to be any sort of cohesion or masterplan as how the whole complex comes together. Somehow quite fitting. I suspect ....that's the way they like it, they like it oooooerah oooa ah...

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We can safely say that at least 70% of their games won't sell out. No chance of hitting 30k in the Championship either unlike us. Seems pointless to me having 34k capacity. They simply don't have the fan base.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice stand well we would think that. It's a carbon of our West Stand. The thing is the stadium will still look shit like a cobbled together adhoc collection of random stands. Its strange approach as there doesn't seem to be any sort of cohesion or masterplan as how the whole complex comes together. Somehow quite fitting. I suspect ....that's the way they like it, they like it oooooerah oooa ah...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a fondness for grounds that have evolved with different stands and quirky looks. I personally think the big bowl arena type grounds a bit meh.... I don't include Falmer as it's not bad looking,

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You are a very angry man, go chill. I am only courteous on these boards and never get into spats with shouty angry people.
In not angry one bit, it's a great time to be a Brighton fan. We got the stadium (not stand), academy, top class training facilities and an owner who doesn't need his fans to blow smoke up his arse and want to be a media whore. Is that OK?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a fondness for grounds that have evolved with different stands and quirky looks. I personally think the big bowl arena type grounds a bit meh.... I don't include Falmer as it's not bad looking,

I think you mean the Gaymex not Falmer :wink:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
In not angry one bit, it's a great time to be a Brighton fan. We got the stadium (not stand), academy, top class training facilities and an owner who doesn't need his fans to blow smoke up his arse and want to be a media whore. Is that OK?

That's great, i am happy you are happy, it's also a good time to be a Palace fan as well. Now it's Friday a glorious day in Sussex, there's a cold larger waiting in the pub garden, followed by a Harvey's .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here