Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
In that new pic it really does look like our West Stand doesn't it. (except for outer wall) So out of place.

selhurstpark1204.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is the best bit:-

"Palace are willing to rename Selhurst Park to help fund the redevelopment."

I'll start with the suggestions:

The $hithole.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And they accuse us of having a lop sided stadium......

You'd have thought the owners of the 6 houses could combine their equity and afford to demolish that monstrosity.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Seriously, is that it?,
it looks only 25% developed, still better that than their normally associated 3% of everything

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yes yes I get the joke but Crystal palace must have one of the most middle class surburbon support bases in the country!! As I say most London fans see us as bi-speckled stripy Nigel's ... or is it Brighton fans are really really posh and look down on every one who doesn't live in the utopia which is whitehawk, moulscombe and portslade ??

"surburbon" - is that Romani? Anyway, yes I'm sure all your Purley and Epsom supporters will congregate in the new Westfield Shopping Centre Stand to leave all your New Addington, Croydon, Broad Green and Norwood types in the other three cow sheds...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You have .

At least it all looks good though. Your stadium is gradually reminding me of the old Manor Ground, Oxford, an assortment of random stands thrown up when the club think they have a bit of money.

Are you confident you will fill it, given that some weeks you can't even fill your current capacity?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
A link to the planning came up on my Facebook page via a Palace supporting friend so I sent in my objection in that it needs to be knocked down and new stadium built. Two high stands makes it look an eyesore in a residential area.
Also mentioned it's money badly invested to increase the capacity by 7k when the gates will reduce by 10k after a relegation season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yes ,If you build it they will come .

Your Premier League average since 1999 is 24,577
Your Championship average since 1999 is 16,620

That would be a worry if I was funding this stadium expansion.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
You have .

Ha! :) Yes we have but it's one unified design which fits into its landscape as opposed to your place which will be one Gotham City stand, one supermarket, one restricted view cow-shed, and a nissen hut on stilts.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ha! :) Yes we have but it's one unified design which fits into its landscape as opposed to your place which will be one Gotham City stand, one supermarket, one restricted view cow-shed, and a nissen hut on stilts.

:bowdown:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here