Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Not too sure about a sponsors name for this wonderful new stadium, but was thinking if they do expand capacity by 7k, and if (which they won't) go down there could be some very apt signage that could be put up at key areas.

For example to help visitors find the offices they could sign it 'administration this way'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And they accuse us of having a lop sided stadium......

That is absolutely hideous. Far, far worse than the original designs looked. A monstrous carbuncle on an admittedly already quite ugly face. Imagine submitting plans to add something that incongruous to your house. The planners would laugh you out of town :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That is absolutely hideous. Far, far worse than the original designs looked. A monstrous carbuncle on an admittedly already quite ugly face. Imagine submitting plans to add something that incongruous to your house. The planners would laugh you out of town :lol:

I think you could understand it if the plan was to redevelop the whole ground in this fashion. But to whack that on the side just highlights how completely crap the rest is. It's an odd plan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£100m to build ONE stand.

I'll say that again. £100m, to build ONE stand. To boost the capacity by a mighty 8,000 (when they struggle to fill the place as it is). Astonishing. Truly astonishing. Particularly when you consider the Amex cost £93m, and had to be started completely from scratch in a muddy field, with no infrastructure in place, no utilities, no proper access.

And you can bet your bottom dollar the costs will spiral - 100m is just the opening gambit. Someone must've seen Disney coming. Not that its difficult.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Final plans are yet to be decided.........may even have a roof option.

selhurst.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember that's a very flattering angle as well.
The image is from above the biggest stand looking down.
I can't begin to imagine what that would look like from ground level or just passing on the train.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If I was the developer I’d certainly insist on my money up front given their track record.

Indeed. If the cheating shysters are true to form they'll get the stand built - and then go bust. The new organisation will then just blithely carry on as if nothing had happened with a nice new stand. Well, new stand anyway.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
" Walk around the North Laine most afternoons and you encounter an endless supply of these identikit people, all revelling in their uniqueness yet all looking exactly the bleedin' same."

That's how I feel as well.

I had a mate that fits that mold, and it's like a tribe, they all have Marilyn Monroe paintings in their houses and women have sailor anchors on their arms or legs or wear 50's dresses with the oversised glasses. I find them a bit pretentious, but overall they are pretty harmless bunch. It's the London brat rich kids that have made Brighton their home since the 2000's that I tend to dislike more. I went into a bakery recently just off north lane and the owners were about 25 and one them corrected me on my pronunciation of his Mexican sausage roll he had made :)..only in Brighton, but there worse places so can't complain.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
" Walk around the North Laine most afternoons and you encounter an endless supply of these identikit people, all revelling in their uniqueness yet all looking exactly the bleedin' same."

I had a mate that fits that mold, and it's like a tribe, they all have Marilyn Monroe paintings in their houses and women have sailor anchors on their arms or legs or wear 50's dresses with the oversised glasses. I find them a bit pretentious, but overall they are pretty harmless bunch. It's the London brat rich kids that have made Brighton their home since the 2000's that I tend to dislike more. I went into a bakery recently just off north lane and the owners were about 25 and one them corrected me on my pronunciation of his Mexican sausage roll he had made :)..only in Brighton, but there worse places so can't complain.

WTF? Did you post this on the wrong thread?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Every flippin' time I've been corrected on the pronounciation of a Mexican sausage roll it has always been in flippin' hipster Brighton. Getting mugged in London and beaten-up in Nottingham have been much easier to live with...

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Indeed. If the cheating shysters are true to form they'll get the stand built - and then go bust. The new organisation will then just blithely carry on as if nothing had happened with a nice new stand. Well, new stand anyway.

Perhaps Parish will turn a blind eye if his Ultra friends burn down the current stand so he can claim on the insurance to build the new stand.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wow £100M for one stand, we built a whole ground for that. They couldnt sell out a 3pm ko local derby, not sure where these extra 10,000 fans are

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43832557

Crystal Palace have been granted permission to build a new main stand at Selhurst Park that will increase capacity from 26,000 to more than 34,000.

They hope the project, which is expected to cost between £75m and £100m, will be completed in time for the 2021-22 season.

"This project will not only transform the stadium, which has been our home since 1924, but it will also have a positive impact on the south London community," said chairman Steve Parish.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Wow £100M for one stand, we built a whole ground for that. They couldnt sell out a 3pm ko local derby, not sure where these extra 10,000 fans are

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43832557

Crystal Palace have been granted permission to build a new main stand at Selhurst Park that will increase capacity from 26,000 to more than 34,000.

They hope the project, which is expected to cost between £75m and £100m, will be completed in time for the 2021-22 season.

"This project will not only transform the stadium, which has been our home since 1924, but it will also have a positive impact on the south London community," said chairman Steve Parish.

Ist game is division 2 local derby Crystal Palace v Gillingham. Projected attendance 7,486, which includes The Gills full allocation of 1200.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here