Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's great, i am happy you are happy, it's also a good time to be a Palace fan as well. Now it's Friday a glorious day in Sussex, there's a cold larger waiting in the pub garden, followed by a Harvey's .

You can take the boy out of Croydon.............it's LAGER..........now write it out 100 times so you will remember.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We can safely say that at least 70% of their games won't sell out. No chance of hitting 30k in the Championship either unlike us. Seems pointless to me having 34k capacity. They simply don't have the fan base.

That was said about us, too!

If they can make the ground suitable for the 21st Century, it may attract many more fans than the current shambolic collection of sheds does.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You can take the boy out of Croydon.............it's LAGER..........now write it out 100 times so you will remember.

My bad, I have never lived in a Croydon, a leafy village near Westerham for 20 years and 35 in the glorious county of Sussex. Mind you that doesn't excuse my poor spelling.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

If they can make the ground suitable for the 21st Century, it may attract many more fans than the current shambolic collection of sheds does.
Big difference they had a ground already. We didn't. One new stand really doesn't transform them. Granted they can haul in more day trippers though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is the best bit:-

"Palace are willing to rename Selhurst Park to help fund the redevelopment."

I'll start with the suggestions:

The $hithole.

The Andrex Arena because it is full of arse-wipes for every home game. I say "full of" but you know what I mean.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Wasn't the right thing to have built a brand new stadium somewhere else in the catchment area? Any team aspiring to have long-term Prem ambitions surely has to make the place accessible, desirable and attractive?

I see that unlike the Albion they won't be including public transport as part of the ticket price, and it is a horrible area if you're in a car.

By staying at Selhurst I don't think they're broadening their appeal to the rest of South London and North Sussex - in pub terms it's like drinking in somebody's local, somewhere tucked away down a side-street. One of the things I love about the Amex is it being so visible to the people of Sussex as they drive by on the A27, a building to be seen and be proud of.

They want to stay there as Mark Bright keeps his spare underpants in the boardroom.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Shambolic Collection of Sheds? Surely not? Don't they keep telling anybody who'll listen that it is a great place to watch football and they don't want a soulless, shiny new stadium?

I suppose they've got their wish-25% soulless and shiny with the remaining 75% mindless.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I feel for you, surely Palace's own Cronx brewery produces better stuff than Harveys.

Actually the Cronx is a nice pint to, had a pint of Greenstead last night apparently from Dunnings mill in East Grinstead, was ok...anyway I have strayed of the subject.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
........shed
shed........big shed
.........shed

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fantastic news and what a fantastic stand it will be .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I feel for you, surely Palace's own Cronx brewery produces better stuff than Harveys.

It's not palace owned but palace fans run it , but I agree it pisses all over Harvey's .

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I have a bit of a fetish about football grounds. Big or small. Shiny-new or derelict. To me they're just amazingly interesting places on so many levels and any development at any ground is always fascinating in its own way.

Of course I'm biased as it's Palace, but there's something very unsatisfactory about this new stand and its lack of connection with the other three sides, and surrounding neighbourhood. Will look OK, face-on, at pitch level, but from every other perspective it's clunky and disjointed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have a bit of a fetish about football grounds. Big or small. Shiny-new or derelict. To me they're just amazingly interesting places on so many levels and any development at any ground is always fascinating in its own way.

Of course I'm biased as it's Palace, but there's something very unsatisfactory about this new stand and its lack of connection with the other three sides, and surrounding neighbourhood. Will look OK, face-on, at pitch level, but from every other perspective it's clunky and disjointed.

Viewing it will almost be like your avatar ?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reckon we ought to have a whip round to buy the naming rights

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That stand is perfectly acceptable when viewed from inside the ground... however from the outside it is rather ugly. Removing the stupid wing things would improve it immensely.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fantastic news and what a fantastic stand it will be .

Which from the inside of the stadium looks like a clone of our West Stand, I thought you lot detested our wonky stadium, and here you are trying to replicate it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here