Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Wild Park murders - Russell Bishop, 51, is to stand trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Russell Bishop, 51, is to stand trial at the Old Bailey accused of the murders of two nine-year-old girls in Brighton in 1986, it can be reported today.

Today he pleaded not guilty to killing Nicola Fellows and Karen Hadaway, both aged nine.

The girls were murdered in woods at Wild Park near the Moulsecoomb estate, Brighton, east Sussex, on 9th October 1986.

His trial will begin on October 15th.

(Careful, people)

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was under the impression that he had been tried already. However, I hope justice will come to the correct conclusion after all these years.

He was tried for both murders but was acquitted.

At the time that would have meant that he couldn't be tried again under the double jeopardy rule.

But that rule was changed and someone previously acquitted can now be tried again as long as more evidence has come to light - presumably significant evidence.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This still seems like yesterday for me. I grew up with both of the girls. Let's hope both families finally get the justice they deserve.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He was tried for both murders but was acquitted.

At the time that would have meant that he couldn't be tried again under the double jeopardy rule.

But that rule was changed and someone previously acquitted can now be tried again as long as more evidence has come to light - presumably significant evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4406129.stm

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is either a very dangerous thread for Bozza, or a very boring thread. I fear the former, as so many stories of conversations in pubs etc have done the rounds since 1986.

Be careful everyone. This thread needs to be dull, boring and just state facts.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No need to lock the thread if people behave sensibly.

Simple fact is justice wasn't served. Hopefully it now will be- whatever the outcome.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
No need to lock the thread if people behave sensibly.

Simple fact is justice wasn't served. Hopefully it now will be- whatever the outcome.

I served Bishop when working at Halfords around the time he was originally arrested, send shivers when I heard his name.

Just hope justice is served this time around for whoever is to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here