Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A plea to the north stand

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The demographic of the North is nothing like the old one or even our current away following. When seats were sold we had no corners or second tier on the east, people chose the north because it was cheaper.

No solution other than to implement safe standing and allow redistribution of ST holders around the ground. Only chance of that happening is a steady decline on the pitch and a bogus report consigned to history.

This is so true, I forgot about not having corners filled in etc.. seems like a long time ago

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Attacking football creates atmosphere.

But as the players regularly say, the atmosphere spurs them on. It's not just one or the other, both have to help. If the team are struggling, it's up to us to give them a lift. Likewise they'll pay us back by pushing on and justifying the noise.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But as the players regularly say, the atmosphere spurs them on. It's not just one or the other, both have to help. If the team are struggling, it's up to us to give them a lift. Likewise they'll pay us back by pushing on and justifying the noise.

didn't work Southampton

away end was fizzing after the first went in. Maybe players had ear plugs in

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I will be shot down in flames for daring to suggest a chant but Huddersfield'd 'Blue and white arrmmmmy' on repeat sounded good as it is easy, everyone knows the words and can be repeated over and over*

*Before anyone says that is another teams chant, so are 99% of all chants.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Traditionally noise comes from your home end behind the goal (as well you know). I doubt there is a ground in the country where the noise comes from one of the side stands.

The North is like the conductor. If they aren't there, or make a half arsed effort, the orchestra is out of time and sounds crap. If the conductor is on their game, then the orchestra sounds fantastic. The North Stand IS our conductor, there is no relying on any other stands, all they can do is join in.

St Mary's! Small pockets of noise either side of the away fans - but behind the goal at the other end, it was like an undersold SW corner at the Amex when we play the likes of Barnsley..

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I'd just like to point out one quite important fact...

The last two home LEAGUE games have both been 12:30 kick offs... One of them being on New Years Day, and the other we were losing 2-0 within the first 5 minutes.

Early kick offs are never as loud as others, as people just haven't had enough of the booze to get going - not excusing it, just stating some facts.

Lets hope tomorrow is loud - as we do the double over those Londoners (Hopefully 6-0 to make up for the other year)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Atmosphere will be fine tomorrow and once again driven by the North Stand.

Just imagine if the same could be said of our biggest stand and largest group of supporters.

Huddersfield setting the example of how it should be done.

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hey everyone, remember that #Together thing? Well, it kinda worked. So stop squabbling and just sing up wherever you are tomorrow! FFS.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd just like to point out one quite important fact...

The last two home LEAGUE games have both been 12:30 kick offs... One of them being on New Years Day, and the other we were losing 2-0 within the first 5 minutes.

Early kick offs are never as loud as others, as people just haven't had enough of the booze to get going - not excusing it, just stating some facts.

Lets hope tomorrow is loud - as we do the double over those Londoners (Hopefully 6-0 to make up for the other year)

There will be an excuse trotted out for tomorrows low-key (normal) atmosphere.

Clearly it can't be:-

- Time of kick off.
- Date.
- Price of ticket.
- Travel disruption.
- Silent away fans.
- Hopefully not score line.

but there will be an excuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus. Last home game we were 2 down after 6 mins. Of course it was quiet

Yet the team played some of this season's best attacking football, for over an hour.
I thought the ref got off lightly, even the "w****r" chant became halfhearted after just a few seconds.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
That's not true.

The noise makers are still there, they just refuse to sing the same song, at the same time, at the same speed.

If they knew just how bad they make the North Stand sound, compared to the rare moments they actually take the roof off the fookin thing, they'd be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and vow never split again.

Agree. I’m in the north between police box and centre at the back. One side sings, me and my mates join in - then the other side starts singing something else. We all then stop because neither ended up together. When one side hears the other, just bloody join in with them!! My biggest annoyance is that we sing too quickly. I’ll never forget the famous ‘great escape song v Burnley. It’s one of the best songs we do to get everyone joining in (even the east ) but nowadays we sing it so quickly it ruins it. The opposition fans would undoubtedly not recognise it. So, let’s all sing loudly, together and at the right speed.!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But as the players regularly say, the atmosphere spurs them on. It's not just one or the other, both have to help. If the team are struggling, it's up to us to give them a lift.

No it's not. It's up to the players to have the inner drive to want to succeed. Too many games start with the crowd well up for it, but with the players passing the ball around with zero sense of urgency and giving free hits to the opposition through utterly unforced errors. Time for the players to step up to the plate and assume responsibility for their performance.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's not true.

The noise makers are still there, they just refuse to sing the same song, at the same time, at the same speed.

If they knew just how bad they make the North Stand sound, compared to the rare moments they actually take the roof off the fookin thing, they'd be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and vow never split again.

This is the gist of it.

Also, how's about the NS trying to unite the singing. The 'we're the north stand, we're the west stand' chant might not be the best, but it does work. So throw your all behind it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is the gist of it.

Also, how's about the NS trying to unite the singing. The 'we're the north stand, we're the west stand' chant might not be the best, but it does work. So throw your all behind it.
LOL. It did work really well until the Police Box Gang decided to throw in "We're the North West" which has rather buggered it up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No it's not. It's up to the players to have the inner drive to want to succeed. Too many games start with the crowd well up for it, but with the players passing the ball around with zero sense of urgency and giving free hits to the opposition through utterly unforced errors. Time for the players to step up to the plate and assume responsibility for their performance.

So essentially what I said in the last bit of my quote, which you left out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here