Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A plea to the north stand

MAKE SOME SODDING NOISE!!!!

The last couple of home games have been pathetic in terms of fans truly making some real noise and now is the time to stand up and be counted.

The North Stand is 'supposed' to be our loud stand but lately it's been anything but. How about leaving the bars 15 minutes before kick off - get in the stand and do as 'our' song says "So let your voices ring my boys"

As a club, team and fans we have worked incredibly hard to get where we are and now we need to put in some real effort as fans and create an atmosphere to help the team ..... 'our' team stay up.

If the North lead, others will follow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MAKE SOME SODDING NOISE!!!!

The last couple of home games have been pathetic in terms of fans truly making some real noise and now is the time to stand up and be counted.

The North Stand is 'supposed' to be our loud stand but lately it's been anything but. How about leaving the bars 15 minutes before kick off - get in the stand and do as 'our' song says "So let your voices ring my boys"

As a club, team and fans we have worked incredibly hard to get where we are and now we need to put in some real effort as fans and create an atmosphere to help the team ..... 'our' team stay up.

If the North lead, others will follow.

How about aiming your plea at the stand that's six times the size of the North?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see your 'pathetic' and raise you 'reverting to type'.

Generally we haven't made some sodding noise over my 40+ years, why should tomorrow be any different?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh good things always look up when the library stand fans turn on NS

Maybe if we don't let in two goals before 10 past three it might be better

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The north stand was knocked down over 20 years ago.

Things have changed a bit since, not all for the better.

Maybe have a sit down and a prawn sandwich to think about that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Traditionally noise comes from your home end behind the goal (as well you know). I doubt there is a ground in the country where the noise comes from one of the side stands.

The North is like the conductor. If they aren't there, or make a half arsed effort, the orchestra is out of time and sounds crap. If the conductor is on their game, then the orchestra sounds fantastic. The North Stand IS our conductor, there is no relying on any other stands, all they can do is join in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The noise makers have all been banned mate. Quiet families with lots of disposable income are the priority these days.

That's not true.

The noise makers are still there, they just refuse to sing the same song, at the same time, at the same speed.

If they knew just how bad they make the North Stand sound, compared to the rare moments they actually take the roof off the fookin thing, they'd be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and vow never split again.

Last edited:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

If you sit in the home "end" it's your job to crank the singing-up and WSU and SW corner always join in. When I occasionally sit in the NS I notice that there is a large number of people in the middle zone, often older types and lots of women, who don't join in the singing and so the police box crew and the bunch to the east are isolated from each other and sing different songs. Obvious solution; someone in that middle area bring a drum (but use it sparingly). Queue the drum haters, but I'd like to hear any better ideas...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If you sit in the home "end" it's your job to crank the singing-up and WSU and SW corner always join in. When I occasionally sit in the NS I notice that there is a large number of people in the middle zone, often older types and lots of women, who don't join in the singing and so the police box crew and the bunch to the east are isolated from each other and sing different songs. Obvious solution; someone in that middle area bring a drum (but use it sparingly). Queue the drum haters, but I'd like to hear any better ideas...

Yeah, let's ban all women and older types, cos they never sing, do they?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, big effort tomorrow from all stands.

The FIRST Cup Final of the season.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think being in the North Stand has a similar saying to being around the poker table – 'if you don't know who the mug is, then it's you...' / 'if you think it should be the other stands leading the singing, you're in the wrong stand'...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Traditionally noise comes from your home end behind the goal (as well you know). I doubt there is a ground in the country where the noise comes from one of the side stands.

The North is like the conductor. If they aren't there, or make a half arsed effort, the orchestra is out of time and sounds crap. If the conductor is on their game, then the orchestra sounds fantastic. The North Stand IS our conductor, there is no relying on any other stands, all they can do is join in.

The NS are the choir shirley????? Until we get a drum of course

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Attacking football creates atmosphere.

All our home games have been pretty good haven't they in terms of chances, end to end football (well, maybe not Burnley so much). Bournemouth was a classic contest for example. I couldn't say we've had a dull came really, great entertainment even if frustrating results.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Saints for starters

Agree with the rest.

None of this us v them stand bullshit , all together but North should lead

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah, come on North stand, how dare you sit down and watch the game like the rest of us!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

The demographic of the North is nothing like the old one or even our current away following. When seats were sold we had no corners or second tier on the east, people chose the north because it was cheaper.

No solution other than to implement safe standing and allow redistribution of ST holders around the ground. Only chance of that happening is a steady decline on the pitch and a bogus report consigned to history.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here