Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] M23 North

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Diversion routes
Clearly signed diversion routes will be in place during all closures using local routes which are suitable for all types of vehicles.

A-one+ and Highways England are working closely with partner organisations to minimise disruption for residents during their works but an increase in traffic along the diversion routes is unfortunately unavoidable.

How to get to Gatwick airport
Northbound traffic for Gatwick airport will exit the M23 at junction 10 and take the A2011 Crawley Avenue to the A23 London Road to reach Airport Way and the North Terminal roundabout to the South Terminal.

The M23 Southbound carriageway will not be closed during these works and all Gatwick airport traffic will be able to exit at junction 9 or continue Southbound towards Brighton as usual.

How to get to the M25
Northbound traffic for the M25 will exit at junction 10 and follow the A264 through Copthorne, turning left (northbound) onto the A22 at the traffic lights at Felbridge.

Traffic will continue northbound on the A22 through New Chapel, Blindley Heath and South Godstone, reaching the M25 at the junction 6 Godstone interchange.

Is it really going to better using A264/A22 to get to M25, rather than using the route to Gatwick and then the M23 spur?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Personally on first w/e vlosure to get to gatwick from Brighton I used the last exit b4 m23 to continue on to a23 direct to airport. Worked v well and I just watched gridlock on m23 when going home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Diversion routes
Clearly signed diversion routes will be in place during all closures using local routes which are suitable for all types of vehicles.

A-one+ and Highways England are working closely with partner organisations to minimise disruption for residents during their works but an increase in traffic along the diversion routes is unfortunately unavoidable.

How to get to Gatwick airport
Northbound traffic for Gatwick airport will exit the M23 at junction 10 and take the A2011 Crawley Avenue to the A23 London Road to reach Airport Way and the North Terminal roundabout to the South Terminal.

The M23 Southbound carriageway will not be closed during these works and all Gatwick airport traffic will be able to exit at junction 9 or continue Southbound towards Brighton as usual.

How to get to the M25
Northbound traffic for the M25 will exit at junction 10 and follow the A264 through Copthorne, turning left (northbound) onto the A22 at the traffic lights at Felbridge.

Traffic will continue northbound on the A22 through New Chapel, Blindley Heath and South Godstone, reaching the M25 at the junction 6 Godstone interchange.

Is it really going to better using A264/A22 to get to M25, rather than using the route to Gatwick and then the M23 spur?

No. Unless you’re unlucky with traffic I’d use the Gatwick route. Been fine the few times I’ve done it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
New speed cameras apparently go live tonight on the M25 & M1
Over 70mph instant speeding ticket

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Been caught out by this twice now. Use Gatwick route but add at least an hour onto your journey especially if travelling daytime.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Really ? Reckon it’s added about 15 minutes each time I’ve done it.

Took more than that to leave M23 once is got to the queuing stage. This was at the worst travelling time though- mid morning Saturday.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Never use this awful road unless I'm going to Kent, in fact I try to avoid Motorways these days under all circumstances.

Sadly we have got a Family Funeral up North Tuesday so it will be A272 then Winchester then A34 Oxford to the M40/M42/M6Toll.

Probably get off the M6 as soon as possible in Staffordshire and use backroads to get up to the Wirral.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Never use this awful road unless I'm going to Kent, in fact I try to avoid Motorways these days under all circumstances.

Sadly we have got a Family Funeral up North Tuesday so it will be A272 then Winchester then A34 Oxford to the M40/M42/M6Toll.

Probably get off the M6 as soon as possible in Staffordshire and use backroads to get up to the Wirral.

I'm completely the opposite. I try to plan a route at specific times to avoid heavy traffic but only get caught in traffic about 10% of the time on a motorway. I avoid minor roads as much as I can

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here