Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton and Hove Albion sing Serbian starlet Bojan Radulovic

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He played against Athletico Madrid (1st team) last month. Could he finally be the striker who progress from our youth set-up to our 1st team?

He has scored 2 goals in 18 matches, at Spanish Division 3 level.

It's a no.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Moaning minnies unite! We have signed him so let's give him a chance.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When did we last play a teen in our starting eleven?

There were a few when Dean Wilkins was manager.

These days we often throw the kids in for a Cup game. But a League game, the last teen, hmmm, my guess would be .... Abdul Razak, that midfielder we had on loan from Man City. Actually, correct that, it must be Tomori last season. He was 19.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sometimes I wish we'd stick someone like him - young, hungry and an unknown quantity to the opposition (and us at the mo!) - on the bench, and give him a go. Bypass the long and usually disappointing route via the U23s - bench him Coventry. DO IT DO IT!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What has happened to Gyokeres? He played a blinder in the one u23 game and hasn't played for them since!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sometimes I wish we'd stick someone like him - young, hungry and an unknown quantity to the opposition (and us at the mo!) - on the bench, and give him a go. Bypass the long and usually disappointing route via the U23s - bench him Coventry. DO IT DO IT!

Aaron Connolly, Jayson Molumby, James Tilley and Dessie Hutchinson have all featured in first team fixtures this season, albeit in the League Cup. Steven Alzate travelled with the squad to Boro, so he might be the next to get a chance.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
There were a few when Dean Wilkins was manager.

These days we often throw the kids in for a Cup game. But a League game, the last teen, hmmm, my guess would be .... Abdul Razak, that midfielder we had on loan from Man City. Actually, correct that, it must be Tomori last season. He was 19.

Blimey! You're right. More recent than I thought.

Of course, the question then switches to when did we last play a teen that was 100% one of ours and I suspect you're right. Must go back to the Wilkins' era.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey! You're right. More recent than I thought.

Of course, the question then switches to when did we last play a teen that was 100% one of ours and I suspect you're right. Must go back to the Wilkins' era.

Of (semi) regulars, March, Dunk and Forster-Caskey all debuted as teenagers.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He has scored 2 goals in 18 matches, at Spanish Division 3 level.

It's a no.

Wish him well but worth noting that there is a cliff edge with most european divisions as soon as you get out of the better league 2 teams, it tends to become drastically amateur compared to the English league 1 and 2 and even Vanarama league which is far more professional, in comparison.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
What are the odds of an under 21 striker ,making it into this league......1in 20 ?I reckon we will see plenty more.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For those who missed it - Bojan made his debut for the U-23s on Saturday as a very late (injury time) substitute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here