Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiots at away games

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Why do away games attract the very worst of our support?

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out

I think you should rethink your user name :laugh:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There were some noticeable first time away dayers yesterday... Trying to sit in their own seats, totally confused as to why everyone was standing...JCL's the lot of em!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
d2Pzt8e.jpg

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Add this to the list of things that never happened.

I call bullshit on the entire story. Jackanory.

The entire story can’t be bullshit as I too heard some swearing. Naturally I was shocked and appalled but hopefully I’ll recover.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know situation so dont go to away games unless i can get home tickets. Last 2 games i attended missed goals because I couldnt see. Wrong forum to discuss because all on here thinks all should stand
Just sit at the front. When I go with the kids this is what I tend to do, much to the annoyance of my 13 year old son who’d rather be up with the choir.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
There were some noticeable first time away dayers yesterday... Trying to sit in their own seats, totally confused as to why everyone was standing...JCL's the lot of em!

I know I'll get flamed for this - and I attend plenty of away games - but we always try to sit in our own seat unless we haven't sold out. Frankly, when matches are sold out people who don't sit in their own seats just cause problems - not such an issue in previous seasons when there has been plenty of space. I do get the impression that most people do sit in their own seats but there is a vocal minority - maybe 20% who don't. I've no idea if the OP is fishing but the volume of people standing in the aisles from top to bottom last night was one of the worst I've come across and was frankly pretty dangerous.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For the first half at least yesterday it seemed nearly all the fans around us were in their ticketed seat. After half time there seemed to be quite a bit of moving around as people went to be next to mates.

PaulFromTheHill

Sep 6, 2015
:fishing::fishing::fishing:

Got to the ground late, there were others in our seats - we doubled up and got on with backing the team. That's how it works away from home isn't it?

It did appear to get a bit nasty by the exit on the final whistle with a few punches being thrown amongst ourselves. Just walked past it and headed home.

Nothing to see here.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was in the second row, and was a bit 'concerned' at the very low level of the seat in front. I was anticipating a 94th minute winner, elation, a surge from behind, and myself doing a Zaha, clipping the top of the seat in front as i try to balance, and eating concrete below.

For anyone concerned, I survived the experience. A 94th minute winner would have been lovely though, teeth or no teeth.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I was in the second row, and was a bit 'concerned' at the very low level of the seat in front. I was anticipating a 94th minute winner, elation, a surge from behind, and myself doing a Zaha, clipping the top of the seat in front as i try to balance, and eating concrete below.

If you were doing a Zaha you wouldn't have clipped the seat or even needed the surge. Just hit the concrete and put your arms in the air.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Whilst the OP does come across as a bit pompous and the away end atmosphere is very different to that of a home game, I do think its a bit harsh just to cast off all his complaints as shit happens.

Whilst I love it in the away end most of the time, I've never understood why people can't just sit in their own seats - or at least stand in front of them! Not everyone wants to treat it as a complete free for all and would actually like to watch the game in relative peace....

There has to be give and take, but according to some on this thread, it's all take.....

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Why do away games attract the very worst of our support?

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out
DONT GO TO PALACE AWAY !
I honestly cant see it being our finest hour ---I don't think

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Been to most away games and only at Huddersfield had to ask a fat lad to move out of my seat, no room for sharing a space with him, wadldled off to his seat a couple below. People do seem to stand a lot and swear but somehow I manage to get over it after a few visits to my therapist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here