Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiots at away games

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My pedantry includes reading posts properly. You and the old man? I said a woman and her son.

Me and my old man sometimes referred to as me and the old man,nearby but close enough to wanting to end it all ......he is 80 and even said to me WTF

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not arguing. Just pointing out , regardless of OPs true or not story that The stewarding at Southampton was poor, and that can be potentially dangerous .(access important for all sorts of reasons not just fire)
And standing in aisles to the extent of what happened at St Mary’s isn’t commonplace at away games.

"Potentially dangerous". I bet you're so risk averse that the only place you feel safe enough to go on holiday is your airing cupboard.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
REALLY, REALLY!? What a daft comment...

I’ll quote you next time I go to a game and insist on sitting in the Directors’ box and send them down to the front.

Similarly, I buy specific seats because I want a better view than one at ground level. If everyone sits down then everyone gets a decent view from the seat they’ve paid for.

The sense of entitlement shown on this thread i.e. I’ll do whatever I like and sod the effect on other people, is quite breathtaking.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cry me a river.

I'll go to an away game after working all week to sit down and politely cheer when something exciting happens. But so long as I've got a decent view that's the main thing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Never had a problem informing someone politely they are in my seat, they always move elsewhere.
Do people actually not bother going down this avenue.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
"Potentially dangerous". I bet you're so risk averse that the only place you feel safe enough to go on holiday is your airing cupboard.

The Greek islands normally !
I take my 81 year old Dad (yes another one) to the football so would rather hope that if his failing health failed after seeing Izquierdo sky another sitter, the medics could promptly do their stuff.
On Wednesday I doubt they could have done.
But thanks we will carry on risking it .

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
It’s just a bit irritating that those who insist on standing / using the wrong seat think it’s fine for others to go to the front. Just because my wife is quite short and generally can’t see if everyone is standing shouldn’t mean that she has to have an even worse view from the front row.

It’s the reason why I always say that safe standing areas should be introduced in away ends first.
What are you on ! standing is far worse for view unless your taller than everyone by a head---

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. Depending on stewards there are nearly always people standing in the aisles from half way back.

At my patchy away attendance - Spurs, West Brom, Forest, QPR, Fulham, Norwich, Man Utd - there weren't which explains why i was surprised on wednesday.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I’ll quote you next time I go to a game and insist on sitting in the Directors’ box and send them down to the front.

Similarly, I buy specific seats because I want a better view than one at ground level. If everyone sits down then everyone gets a decent view from the seat they’ve paid for.

The sense of entitlement shown on this thread i.e. I’ll do whatever I like and sod the effect on other people, is quite breathtaking.....

But there are many people, namely the large majority of our regular away following who don't want to watch the football sitting down, have you considered this?

Seems to be your sense of entitlement that you want everyone else to do something they don't want to do, just so you can sit in your favourite seat with a nice view at an away game for ****s sake.

You're right, it's breathtaking. Particularly your farcical analogy of using a standard ticket in a luxury area.

It's comments and threads such as this that make me crave the lower league away days again.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
At my patchy away attendance - Spurs, West Brom, Forest, QPR, Fulham, Norwich, Man Utd - there weren't which explains why i was surprised on wednesday.

Fulham? Not disputing your attendance but in both the recent (2-1 and 1-0) the aisles were packed. Forest stewards are ***** so that makes sense.

I do agree it can be dangerous, I also go with my old man who is also in his 80's, though still quite able. Stewards tend to attempt to clear the aisles before/at the start of the game then don't bother after that.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I'm 4'10 so never expect to see much at away games, if I do it's a bonus. I don't go to spectate, I go to support, so I have a good old sing and cheer on the team.
Nice change to drink in some different pubs too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fulham? Not disputing your attendance but in both the recent (2-1 and 1-0) the aisles were packed. Forest stewards are ***** so that makes sense.

I do agree it can be dangerous, I also go with my old man who is also in his 80's, though still quite able. Stewards tend to attempt to clear the aisles before/at the start of the game then don't bother after that.

FULHAM?

B.S. I've been to both recent games there and at both the stewards made us go to our precise seats. We ended up in the very back row in the January game last season with my son on the only seat at the top of the aisle. The only person standing in that aisle was the steward stopping others from standing in it. In the August game the season before it kicked off because people wanted to move near their mates at half time and the stewards didn't let them.

What I will say though is that neither seat we had there was ideal for my son, who was 9 and 10 resepectively at the times. Sometimes he could see a lot, sometimes very little. He just put up with it, as did we. It's a day out FFS, it's not oxygen.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
FULHAM?

B.S. I've been to both recent games there and at both the stewards made us go to our precise seats. We ended up in the very back row in the January game last season with my son on the only seat at the top of the aisle. The only person standing in that aisle was the steward stopping others from standing in it. In the August game the season before it kicked off because people wanted to move near their mates at half time and the stewards didn't let them.

What I will say though is that neither seat we had there was ideal for my son, who was 9 and 10 resepectively at the times. Sometimes he could see a lot, sometimes very little. He just put up with it, as did we. It's a day out FFS, it's not oxygen.

Sounds like a totally different experience to me, I won't call it bullshit though as you did with me.

Check this (before both goals), I was standing in P4 near the aisle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDm6PJKlQBo

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But there are many people, namely the large majority of our regular away following who don't want to watch the football sitting down, have you considered this?

Seems to be your sense of entitlement that you want everyone else to do something they don't want to do, just so you can sit in your favourite seat with a nice view at an away game for ****s sake.

You're right, it's breathtaking. Particularly your farcical analogy of using a standard ticket in a luxury area.

It's comments and threads such as this that make me crave the lower league away days again.

I love your assumptions that everyone who goes to away matches wants to do exactly the same as you. Given the pushback you are getting on here I would suggest there is some divergence of opinion.

You say people who disagree with you are "making everyone do something they don't want to do"

Its not everyone though is it? Try to see other points of view.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

How many away games did you go to in the championship or even before the Amex era? You sound like a complete JCL who is spitting his dummy out!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I love your assumptions that everyone who goes to away matches wants to do exactly the same as you. Given the pushback you are getting on here I would suggest there is some divergence of opinion.

You say people who disagree with you are "making everyone do something they don't want to do"

Its not everyone though is it? Try to see other points of view.

What pushback, from you and the op (who is most likely fishing)?

I didn't say ALL, I said the large majority. If you don't think that is the case then you can't have been following us much away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here