Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiots at away games

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Why do away games attract the very worst of our support?

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out

0/10

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Don’t go to away games usually do you? Please keep it that way and don’t attend again.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

:fishing:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Atmosphere pretty good yesterday. Outsung the Saints fans until they equalised.

Despite the fact we decided to just hold on for 80 minutes

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

:fishing::fishing::fishing:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

If only you had SCREAMED for a Policeman, everything would have been fine.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Funny. Now that is serious snowflakery!

I remember being punched in the face by a Brighton fan at York City back in the 70s for not singing loud enough haha

Jan 5, 2018
Glasgow

Away games are mostly like that and that's the way it is. Hard but true.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know situation so dont go to away games unless i can get home tickets. Last 2 games i attended missed goals because I couldnt see. Wrong forum to discuss because all on here thinks all should stand

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Unfortunately all clubs have tossers. The incident with your Dad's walking stick is over the mark, if it had happened at the Amex it would have been dealt with

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Unfortunately all clubs have tossers. The incident with your Dad's walking stick is over the mark, if it had happened at the Amex it would have been dealt with

C7tHFN3X0AQf5Kb.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here