Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love Kayal but our team has been in a great run and CH hasn't had to make any selections as the team has picked itself. Kayal is currently in for the injured Stephens and Locadia is in for the suspended Knockaert. I expect both to return once available

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Is he good enough for this level? He's started 3 premier league matches, and we lost them all 2-0.

His position must be one that Chris will be looking to strengthen in the summer.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Is he good enough for this level? He's started 3 premier league matches, and we lost them all 2-0.

His position must be one that Chris will be looking to strengthen in the summer.

Stephens out and missed so badly. Kayal in and doing as well as possible, but he isn’t Stephens level. No cover on the bench. Threadbare in this position at premiership level, we are lucky to not have had more injury / suspension issues. I really hope Dale is back for Huddersfield and Kayal on the bench for cover.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As another poster has stated we are one short in that area anyway ..i can't see Sidders being retained...regarding the three defeats are you asserting they are down to Kayal?
Everton (his first full PL game?) ...quite a few of the team were off the pace that day
Man Utd...I thought he played well....and certainly you can't blame him for the defeat
Leicester ...again good game...the side played well...are we laying the blame at his feet for the defeat?

Out of the three fit midfielders he is number three .,,..I think we can all agree but I wouldn't use those three games against him

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
As another poster has stated we are one short in that area anyway ..i can't see Sidders being retained...regarding the three defeats are you asserting they are down to Kayal?
Everton (his first full PL game?) ...quite a few of the team were off the pace that day
Man Utd...I thought he played well....and certainly you can't blame him for the defeat
Leicester ...again good game...the side played well...are we laying the blame at his feet for the defeat?

Out of the three fit midfielders he is number three .,,..I think we can all agree but I wouldn't use those three games against him

I don't blame him alone, but the team is weaker with him in it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Expect Kayal will be here next season as squad player with Sidwell released.
Centre midfield is probably our main priority in the summer transfer window.
Kayal was not the reason we lost, that was solely down to Gatean Bong (for the second match running -Everton)..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kayal was not the reason we lost, that was solely down to Gatean Bong (for the second match running -Everton)..

/QUOTE]

Pl;ease explain your reason as to why it was down to Bong I agree that Kayal wasnt to blame for the defeat but didnt do enough to help avoid it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

/QUOTE]

Pl;ease explain your reason as to why it was down to Bong I agree that Kayal wasnt to blame for the defeat but didnt do enough to help avoid it.
You can argue it was down to Bong. He was closest to Iborra but never challenged for the header, then missed a sitter from a yard to rescue a point.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Harsh to say Bong is the sole reason we lost both games. Our inability to close down crosses from the left was our undoing for the first goals at Everton and again on Saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can argue it was down to Bong. He was closest to Iborra but never challenged for the header, then missed a sitter from a yard to rescue a point.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The ref had blown up for a foul prior to his 'missed a sitter' according to AN. tweets and as regards their goal I am a firm believer that if it is a cross into the box it is up to our 2 CBs to head it away but then that means blaming Dunk yet once more. which nobody is allowed to do Crosses from the left are Dunks responsibility and from the right Duffys due to their positioning.

Unfortunately players at our level have lapses of concentration and it happens if not they would be at a top 4 club.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Best player away at Chelsea, no one played well at Everton and he had a decent game Saturday when we should have won.
We have won 2 away games this season so you think we would have won them very tough 2 games with Stephens? What a load of crap you talk.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The ref had blown up for a foul prior to his 'missed a sitter' according to AN. tweets and as regards their goal I am a firm believer that if it is a cross into the box it is up to our 2 CBs to head it away but then that means blaming Dunk yet once more. which nobody is allowed to do Crosses from the left are Dunks responsibility and from the right Duffys due to their positioning.

Unfortunately players at our level have lapses of concentration and it happens if not they would be at a top 4 club.

As it’s a bank holiday is someone sitting in for you ..that last sentence makes sense :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bong = weak link

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Bong had 83 touches and Kayal 37.

Kayal is not renowned for his goal scoring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here