Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Saw Kayal win the ball ,get past the player and then head for opposition penalty area. He was then pulled down and we won a free kick. Not something I have seen Stevens or Propper do all season. Surely he should be given a chance.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Saw Kayal win the ball ,get past the player and then head for opposition penalty area. He was then pulled down and we won a free kick. Not something I have seen Stevens or Propper do all season. Surely he should be given a chance.

A bit harsh on Stephens and Propper as Kayal was playing the no10 role, having just come on for Gross.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kayal's first idea when he gets the ball is to go forward with it. That alone sets him apart in our midfield.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think he should start ahead of Gross, who looks tired, but I'd have Propper at the very least playing further forward. Ideally, we would have Stephens sitting, and Kayal and Propper playing more advanced. The latter has a proven record of scoring goals at high levels. I also think the OP is a tad harsh on Propper, who has gone on some great runs in the past, although his first instinct is to move the ball, which isn't something to be discouraged.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
I can't for the life of me see how the staff and fans put Propper over Kayal...........our team is crying out for Kayal.

Propper has nice touches but is lightweight and takes no risks, and gives the opposition very little to worry about.

Kayal is a great premier midfielder - he has DRIVE.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit harsh on Stephens and Propper as Kayal was playing the no10 role, having just come on for Gross.

Is the right and only answer.

You've got to wonder how someone can come to the conclusion player x is better than players y & z, when all 3 are on the pitch playing specific roles.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd put him in for Gross, who looks knackered. A more solid midfield three would hopefully free up a proper front three and a more attacking home performance.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think I'd give Gross a rest too. Reunite Kayal and Stephens in the middle and push Propper up into the No. 10 role.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Is the right and only answer.

You've got to wonder how someone can come to the conclusion player x is better than players y & z, when all 3 are on the pitch playing specific roles.

The only complaint I might make would be that Propper should have been moved into the no10 role once Kayal was introduced. But I'm sure Chris had his reasons for doing it his way and I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as we came away with a decent result.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Maybe that's the reason why he isn't being given a chance. We all know CH loves to defend, there's no room for attack minded players in his team :moo:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
FFS play Propper as the No.10 and put Beram Kayal in his rightful ball-winning/harrying midfield slot. If Propper's good enough to play for the Dutch national side as a no.10 (and score) why don't we try him further up the pitch. It's mind boggling

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Play Locadia at 10 (when fit) and Kayal for Stephens

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only complaint I might make would be that Propper should have been moved into the no10 role once Kayal was introduced. But I'm sure Chris had his reasons for doing it his way and I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as we came away with a decent result.

I guess Chris wants to keep the defensive partnership of D, D, D & D together for as long as possible.

I can't get my head around why posters suddenly expect D (nos 4) to play an expansive game.
He hasn't done all season, he definitely won't do now, and if he was swapped for Kayal BK would be asked to do exactly the same.

Break up their attack, keep the ball, if possible get it out wide, but NEVER give back possession.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the instruction to Propper and Stephens has been to not give back possession this season then this is arguably the biggest failure in the entire team right now. I've lost count of how many times I've heard Johnny Cantor say "Propper / Stephens gives the ball away with a poor pass" this season.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
This middle of the park Stephens / Propper / Gross "area" is the source of all our problems.......defense, wingers, and striker stuff is all good (especially with new Strikers).

Got to try something different - and Kayal HAS TO START.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't for the life of me see how the staff and fans put Propper over Kayal...........our team is crying out for Kayal.

Propper has nice touches but is lightweight and takes no risks, and gives the opposition very little to worry about.

Kayal is a great premier midfielder - he has DRIVE.

Pröpper gets in the box and takes plenty of risks and can play wonderful though balls when he is a number 10 or in a 5/3 man midfield. Check out his forward passing and goals for Eindhoven and Holland on YouTube.

It’s not his fault he does not attack that much, it’s the way we set-up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here