Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Did Palace not discard him in favour of much more expensive and less effective players? Of have I imagined that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They did but Bournemouth lent him to us and so it was not a direct move. I understand what you are saying , Palace fans are saying similar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure where absolute age matters, it depends on how fit he remains and today's effort was brilliant, even when knackered he managed to beat their defenders by playing to his strengths rather than trying to be a hero. Brighton need to keep him next year even if it is to come on at end of games to play out time. He is also great in defence.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure where absolute age matters, it depends on how fit he remains and today's effort was brilliant, even when knackered he managed to beat their defenders by playing to his strengths rather than trying to be a hero. Brighton need to keep him next year even if it is to come on at end of games to play out time. He is also great in defence.

Great mini interview on Sky with Muzza post match. They asked why he's seemingly not fazed by playing against PL defenders at his age. He simply said "the last time I looked, the goals hadn't moved". He has a natural confidence in his proven striking abilities.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Murray is the complete centre forward. He has natural ability and footballing intelligence that you can't teach - you either have it or you don't.

He was BRILLIANT today, absolutely brilliant. Not only the goal, but the runs he made, his work-rate, the two crucial clearances (he would make a great centre back too), the oh-so-clever trademark free kick wins and he looks fitter than i've ever seen him.

If he keeps this up, he's a lively wild card for the England's World Cup squad.

Yep. Just watched a re-run of the game and he was the best player on the pitch. Outstanding Glenn :bowdown:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I loved that bit at the end, around 90+6, where we had the ball on half way and could’ve countered, and he just turned his back and let the Arsenal player clatter into him. Buying us a precious free kick. Loved it.
This. A really intelligent piece of play. What a guy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2451.PNG

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Never underestimate the skill of winning free kicks. Ulloa won a vital one just after Knockaert's clearance off the line at Stoke which relieved the pressure very nicely.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have just come from there:-

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goals

My god it is absolutely littered with Albion players across all the positive sections.

Fear not though palace you do have one second place:-

2. Christian Benteke - 18...

...Big Chances Missed.

They'll all be along in a minute, to defend their team.

They are also second for most penalties awarded. I wonder why.

Milojevic could also have been top for penalties scored if Benteke hadn't have insisted that he was the right man for the job against Bournemouth; With hilarious results. (Guest starring Mollie Sugden as Roy Hodgson and Danny John Jules as Dwayne Dibley)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here