Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This squad should have enough to stay up

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Unfortunately it’s down to the man who we all love and want to do so well in this league, but his defensive style is destroying us in this league.

Tonight we took the lead, up until that point we were pretty much in charge. Then we got a penalty (never a penalty in a million years btw) and then just sat back and invited pressure upon pressure on to the team. We should be going for the kill rather than trying to and then failing to sit on a one goal advantage.

It was a penalty though

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
This squad should have enough to stay up

£ 60 000 000 invested this season. That is a lot and this team should have enough to stay up. You cannot say Bloom has not got his wallet out. After 1 win in 14 what is going wrong, not happpening ? When I see results others have got why is it not happening at the moment ? Bournemouth went to chelsea and won 3 0, swansea beat liverpool and arsenal back to back.Other teams seem to believe we can get points from the top 6. Players ? Manager ?

Your call

All the teams you mention are teams with a number of seasons behind them in the Premier League.
It is not about the spending of one season.
Huddersfield and Newcastle are in just as much trouble as us.
Just goes to show how huge the gap between the divisions is.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
On paper, yes we should have enough to stay up. But we are totally bereft of confidence and composure at the moment and if we don’t find our spark again, and soon, we will go out with a whimper.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
**** are you on about Speilberg?

Swansea didn't beat Chelsea. The teams you quote are all established PL teams. Of course they have more of a chance against the big boys than we do.

We just got a decent point away. That's something very tough to do in this league.
Quit the moaning for one night, eh?

Arsenal. A point is not good enough now.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm afraid by not winning the Championship title last season told me all I needed to know about our players. Draw your own conclusions. :wozza:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps they are all pissed off. With hearing the manager, saying how good the opposition is every week on tv and in the press. And how we are not really worthy of them....Im sure he doesn't say that behind closed doors. But if you hear something enough times, you may just start believing it. Then you've lost before you've crossed the line. If I was a player I hate to hear that negativity. I want to hear how we can beat them, and it's how we are gunna take it to them, so they know they've been in a game etc etc.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
All the teams you mention are teams with a number of seasons behind them in the Premier League.
It is not about the spending of one season.
Huddersfield and Newcastle are in just as much trouble as us.
Just goes to show how huge the gap between the divisions is.

Agree and i felt although not perfect we actually had a defence, midfield and attack rather then the latter two!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will renew next season and the season after infact I will renew in the 5th league if necessary, I sat for 8 seasons or however long it as at the withdean. I just hope if we are to go out of the premiership we will at least put up a fight

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
**** are you on about Speilberg?

Swansea didn't beat Chelsea. The teams you quote are all established PL teams. Of course they have more of a chance against the big boys than we do.

We just got a decent point away. That's something very tough to do in this league.
Quit the moaning for one night, eh?

I think you will find this is the moaners thread ....its best to move on :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Err. We need 14 points from the remaining 13 games. Every away point is gold dust.

Not against the bottom 6. Anyway we can examine this at the end of the season and see who was right

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't care if we go down or not.

I do care that we actually try and win games, otherwise, what's the ****ing point?

A win and a loss is better than 2 draws.

We're not trying to win IMO.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Err. We need 14 points from the remaining 13 games. Every away point is gold dust.

Peeps have spoken a lot about the next four games...well thats one of them...win the homes two draw the two away...easy to type lot harder to do...i think everyone will agree we will have a better idea which side the coin will fall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here