Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry match - tickets ON SALE NOW

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] and others on this thread have bought tickets for non-STH already.

I think the "trick" is you select two tickets, when doing it online, and leave them both assigned to you. Do not assign one to your son as the system will detect that he can't have one in his own name yet.

I think that's it anyway.

Cheers both! Didn’t realise that you could do that :dunce:

Sorted now, seems a slightly odd way of doing it, I assume I can allocate to the boys after the eligible date so that they get their points.?

3 tickets purchased, glad I asked now :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brighton & Hove Albion: making it difficult to buy tickets to support your club since forever.

:thumbsup:

It really is a pain in the 'arris. I think your prophecy is already coming true. Slow ticket sales due to confusion over the ticketing software and people waiting for the upper tiers when they may never open. Then the brass can point at this game and say that reducing prices doesn't make the slightest difference.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
STH in north, phoned today at 3 15 pm. Unable to get ticket for my son as he does not have a fan number. Asked where I wanted to sit, tried my own seat and it was still available.

Staff don't know own terms. Awkward.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Leaving them allocated to yourself works too. I got two for non-members. Sorry if I have taken someone’s usual seat [emoji23][emoji23]

Actually, I did that. We could buy simply because we're logged in as STHers.

Will be annoying if we don't get loyalty points because we didn't allocate...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Seems strange that they allow me to buy 4 tickets as a season ticket holder but not allocate them to non season ticket holders so they get purchase history/loyalty points. I’ll wait until Wednesday to get them I think.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] and others on this thread have bought tickets for non-STH already.

I think the "trick" is you select two tickets, when doing it online, and leave them both assigned to you. Do not assign one to your son as the system will detect that he can't have one in his own name yet.

I think that's it anyway.

It seems to be a software validation rule in a poorly written logic. Normally you can only buy tickets when you are allowed. Guest tickets for league games for sth normally don't need a supporter name assigned to them. For example, the swansea game we all bought sth guest tickets as its my sons birthday and he is taking friends. They all have our names on rather than saying guest or blank

So in this instance even when the club has the opportunity to know who the guest is, they either dont or cant given how the code is written.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Seems strange that they allow me to buy 4 tickets as a season ticket holder but not allocate them to non season ticket holders so they get purchase history/loyalty points. I’ll wait until Wednesday to get them I think.

You can allocate them to non season ticket holders if they are linked in to your membership.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Bought 4 tonight. Tried to link 1 to son who has fan number, purchase history etc but wouldn't let me, but would let me assign them all to myself. Bonkers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bought 4 tonight. Tried to link 1 to son who has fan number, purchase history etc but wouldn't let me, but would let me assign them all to myself. Bonkers.

It is a bit daft......so any STH could go in and buy 3 tickets for Coventry fans for the home end, but our own fans without a ST can’t buy a ticket or even have one assigned to them by an STH

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
It is a bit daft......so any STH could go in and buy 3 tickets for Coventry fans for the home end, but our own fans without a ST can’t buy a ticket or even have one assigned to them by an STH

And they made a big point about assigning them so the 'loyalty points' could go to them.

About 6400 currently left. Thats over 1000 gone since 2pm yesterday.

Hopefully those who missed the brief mention on the official site and this thread will find out they are on sale at the match today.

I predict an upper tier will be opened lste Monday/Tuesday

About 6400 currently left. Thats over 1000 gone since 2pm yesterday.

Hopefully those who missed the brief mention on the official site and this thread will find out they are on sale at the match today. :moo:

I predict an upper tier will be opened lste Monday/Tuesday

Will wait for esu to open before getting tickets. Opening stand by stand for a 5th round is a little TP me thinks.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, I agree with all this. Fans are blatantly KEEN given price, normal KO time and *cough* likelihood of a win (important if taking kids for first time).

My young son and I (both STHers) couldn't make the Palace EVENING match. FIVE of us are going to the Coventry game. LOADS of fans will be in this boat.

They can't do that if they only open part of the stadium.

Ridiculous, because they WILL end up opening all of it.

Posted 12 days ago. 12 very long days ago...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Posted 12 days ago. 12 very long days ago...

The STH+3 thing was absolutely the right thing to do, and for that reason they couldn't have let STH claim their own seats even if the whole ground was available from the off.

But, yes, they stuffed up estimating fan demand for a game as they did for the Palace tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here