Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry match - tickets ON SALE NOW

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Our ticket selling tactics are a little like our football tactics, it seems at the moment!!
"Lets do things as easily as we possibly can, no straining no stretching, just doing the "defensive" things!"
Bollocks to this! Just bloody go for it! Open all the stands, give Coventry the entire South, they'll sell out with no problem! And just go for it!!
30,000 crowds for the FA Cup, were once the norm! Not anymore it seems!
I'm hoping to get a ticket for this one! And don't call me a bad fan, as my finances and work situation have stopped me getting to the Amex this season so far! :albion2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's max four tickets per logged in user (must be STHer). Just need to buy in two batches.

I guessed it might be something like that.

I shouldn't expect our ticketing system to be able to apply the simple logic that with 4 named STHs buying there should be the ability to buy any "unallocated" tickets at all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is precisely what will happen. Do the club know this?

They should be encouraged to review this decision and get WSU open for ticket sales now.

The level of interest in attending this game is palpably at a completely different level to that for the Palace match. Marketed properly, including making it easy for people to buy the seats they would like, it would get close to a sell out. Minimum 25K.

If they stick with their call to keep the upper tiers closed then they will successfully choke off the initial rate of ticket purchasing.

Our ticket selling tactics are a little like our football tactics, it seems at the moment!!
"Lets do things as easily as we possibly can, no straining no stretching, just doing the "defensive" things!"
Bollocks to this! Just bloody go for it! Open all the stands, give Coventry the entire South, they'll sell out with no problem! And just go for it!!
I'm hoping to get a ticket for this one! And don't call me a bad fan, as my finances and work situation have stopped me getting to the Amex this season so far! :albion2:

Yep, I agree with all this. Fans are blatantly KEEN given price, normal KO time and *cough* likelihood of a win (important if taking kids for first time).

My young son and I (both STHers) couldn't make the Palace EVENING match. FIVE of us are going to the Coventry game. LOADS of fans will be in this boat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, I agree with all this. Fans are blatantly KEEN given price, normal KO time and *cough* likelihood of a win.

My young son and I couldn't make the Palace EVENING match. FIVE of us are going to the Coventry game. LOADS of fans will be in this boat.

Snap. Five of us who couldn't (be arsed) with the Palace game, but are going to the Coventry game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My young son and I (both STHers) couldn't make the Palace EVENING match. FIVE of us are going to the Coventry game. LOADS of fans will be in this boat.

Yep - same here.

Didn't make the Palace game, as Mondays are out for me. Myself and nipper will be in our seats for this (if you haven't just bought them!) and expect my wife will come along too.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yep - same here.

Didn't make the Palace game, as Mondays are out for me. Myself and nipper will be in our seats for this (if you haven't just bought them!) and expect my wife will come along too.

I moved back two rows, to avoid annoying tw@ts behind (not you).

In fact, it they're there, I'm going to encourage my kids to talk crap for the entire 90min.

Well worth £6 each. :)

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Snap. Five of us who couldn't (be arsed) with the Palace game, but are going to the Coventry game.
And SNAP again x10 ...

The club have got this COMPLETELY wrong.

Is there any mileage in you dropping a brief note to PB giving him feedback about the mood on the NSC streets. There are obviously limits to how far one should generalise from a small and biased sample but we are the customers of the club and we are speaking pretty clearly on this.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Herein lies the rub. For various reasons, huge numbers of fans (and CLUBS!) not longer give a sh1t about FAC (and League Cup). Why pay to see two reserve teams play each other, often being clearly more concerned about picking up injuries and cards than they are scoring goals?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And SNAP again x10 ...

The club have got this COMPLETELY wrong.

Is there any mileage in you dropping a brief note to PB giving him feedback about the mood on the NSC streets. There are obviously limits to how far one should generalise from a small and biased sample but we are the customers of the club and we are speaking pretty clearly on this.

From recent history, I doubt this thread will escape the attentions of the club.

All I can say is if people buy in number, then the upper tiers, or at least one of them, will need to be opened.

I guess it's difficult to assess the impact of the "waiting for the upper tiers" mob. Ideally I'd want my usual seats in the WSU but I've bought back WSL now to ensure I don't have to take seats close to the front.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I moved back two rows, to avoid annoying tw@ts behind (not you).

In fact, it they're there, I'm going to encourage my kids to talk crap for the entire 90min.

Well worth £6 each. :)

I saw him at Southampton last night!

Luckily I wasn't stood right in front of him.

The knob.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I thought it was a 5.30 kick off?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£18 a ticket, 4500 Coventry fans. Can see this being 25000 easily. Top tiers will open I’m sure.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
blimey, the seat selection process is a bit sensitive isn't it? it kept removing my selection

or is it just me?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I've done my bit and bought a north stand ticket, sacrificing my precious perch in the WSU so that club can see the error of their ways and open up the finest views to others at a later date.

Should be a cracking cup tie and I expect Coventry to sell out whatever allocation they are given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here