Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Amazed that no-one has kicked up a fuss about the catwalk industry. It is sexist and degrading and quite frankly, way outdated.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What would you prefer? Some hot guys in tight clothing joining the ladies prancing around amid the cars on the grid?

I assume that's not what you're asking for, ergo the current situation is sexist and outdated.

Personally I think they should so there's something for everyone, then maybe we can start getting away from the ridiculous idea that any form of objectification is bad.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the point is that the groundswell of discontent concerning scantily clad ladies no longer being present is contained to a small number of folk. It is a bit dated- even if the women earn good money for it.

It could be something that some folk are wishing would remain but signing a petition about it pushes it to as slightly desperate level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
stop being offended for them!

That's twice you've accused women on here being offended for them. You don't know much about women, do you? What makes you think that Edna and I are offended for them? Is it because we don't agree with you, and you haven't got anything more intelligent to add?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That's twice you've accused women on here being offended for them. You don't know much about women, do you? What makes you think that Edna and I are offended for them? Is it because we don't agree with you, and you haven't got anything more intelligent to add?

If you are not offended, why are you arguing?

It's not sexist and you know it! It is PC gone bloody mad. ps I know loads about women...I have had enough practice (if you know what I mean) :lol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think the point is that the groundswell of discontent concerning scantily clad ladies no longer being present is contained to a small number of folk. It is a bit dated- even if the women earn good money for it.

It could be something that some folk are wishing would remain but signing a petition about it pushes it to as slightly desperate level.

The thing is, I bet more people in this country would actually sign a petition about demanding this 'outrage' be reversed, than sign a petition about this country losing The British Grand Prix in 2 years time.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I suppose those hussies that sell me their records by flaunting their half clothed bodies will now stop? It's a disgrace!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Who honestly gives a shit whether it's banned. It doesn't bring anything additional to the sport, it's not integral to the race.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you are not offended, why are you arguing?

It's not sexist and you know it! It is PC gone bloody mad. ps I know loads about women...I have had enough practice (if you know what I mean) :lol:

There, right there, is a sexist attitude. Why are you arguing
It's an opinion.

See Edna's signature for clarification.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What would you prefer? Some hot guys in tight clothing joining the ladies prancing around amid the cars on the grid?

I assume that's not what you're asking for, ergo the current situation is sexist and outdated.

Totally not sexist, the darts girls actually enjoy their (ex) jobs, except they have now lost their jobs, equal opportunity, equal redundancy and all that.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
The podium girls in cycling are just the same. Just feels depressingly outdated, when the real female stars in the sport are riding (and crashing) as hard as the men these days.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There, right there, is a sexist attitude. Why are you arguing
It's an opinion.

I can't see anything sexist about my comment or am I sexist for disagreeing with a woman....Now if that is the case I would be guilty about 10 times a day!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Perhaps all attractive women should be forced to wear a "Burka" That way men can feel safe looking at them !!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
and what if I did? Would you stop your daughter from doing something she WANTED to do?
Ah you haven't. Didn't think so.

I wouldn't stop her, no. But sexism is rife in society, even low level stuff like this and I believe that whilst freedom of choice is generally a good thing, the idea that women are paraded routinely as objects of desire at a sports event goes a small way to perpetuate this status quo. Therefore on balance, I think society is better served by eliminating these sexist traits.

If you want to see women scantily clad doing something that they want to do, go to a titty bar. I have no objections to that at all because that way, my impressionable daughter doesn't have it projected into her life through television.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here