Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 387
  1. #361

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #362
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      7,000


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Spot on. So many bell-ends who throw drivel terms like "PC gone mad", "snowflake" and "offended on other people's behalf" around the minute someone presents a coherent argument as to why binning off these girls might be a good thing.
      Really, eating disorders are far more complex than 'walk on girls' and if you identify this as some kind of trigger and 'binning them' might make a worthwhile difference then it begs the question where exactly are you leading us, or is it just tokenism, care to explain ?
    • #363
      Banned looney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,699


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This article makes some of the most basic mistakes...

      "Offended feminists argue that having walk-on girls and grid girls objectifies women. But the women who did those jobs say they never felt objectified, "

      What is wrong with objectification? firstly nobody is saying thats all women are unless the feminazis are claiming men as one dimentional and thats all they see.

      Secondly Objectification seems to be feminazicode for men finding women sexually attractive, again what is wrong with this?

      Generally the problem isn't the twisted feminists as theyve always been about, the problem is the morally vapid boomer generation that capitulates to this.
    • #364
    • #365
      Banned looney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,699


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As the father of a daughter who has battled an eating disorder for years, and had osteoporosis at 18 years old as a result, the sooner we stop promoting images of 'the ideal woman' and normalise what women, young and old, are bombarded with in the media and public eye, and that many feel they have to live up to, the better. It is not being PC mad, it is not about the juvenile term 'snowflake' it is a long overdue shift in attitudes and recognition of this and frankly there are some quite sad and pathetic male specimens on this thread who are getting left behind as the rest of the world thankfully moves on.
      good point eating disorders. The problem is these girls are healthy looking types unlike the ultra thin catwalk models.

      Seriously? Have you tried cracking one of to the models in the Observer on Sunday supplement?
    • #366
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      46,261


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really, eating disorders are far more complex than 'walk on girls' and if you identify this as some kind of trigger and 'binning them' might make a worthwhile difference then it begs the question where exactly are you leading us, or is it just tokenism, care to explain ?
      Seriously, what are you waffling about this time?

      Perhaps you should have read cheeky monkey's post just before mine. How about you tell him how eating disorders are complex and that objecting to walk on girls is just tokenism. Your posts constantly lack intelligence and self awareness.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #367
    • #368

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Seriously, what are you waffling about this time?

      Perhaps you should have read cheeky monkey's post just before mine. How about you tell him how eating disorders are complex and that objecting to walk on girls is just tokenism. Your posts constantly lack intelligence and self awareness.
      I thought his post was spot on , while its sad about cheeky monkeys daughter i doubt very much it was formula one grid girls or other images that caused his daughters illness.
    • #369
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      7,000


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Seriously, what are you waffling about this time?

      Perhaps you should have read cheeky monkey's post just before mine. How about you tell him how eating disorders are complex and that objecting to walk on girls is just tokenism. Your posts constantly lack intelligence and self awareness.
      I read that but I did not wish to challenge him, but I do not accept that 'walk on girls' are a trigger, these are not the skinny models that might be used in fashion shoots that then might, rightly or wrongly be blamed for eating some disorders.

      You spout rubbish but then you cannot expand, what else needs 'binning', I am keen to know where your red lines might be.

      Interestingly you throw around quite regular insults on nearly everything and to nearly anyone that disagrees with you yet you do not see this as bullying (I don't feel bullied by the way) and we all know the consequence of bullying and you question my own self awareness

      I'll ask again what else do you think deserves censure the other posters you referred to as 'Bell-ends' might like to know ?
      Last edited by BigGully; 04-02-2018 at 13:13.
    • #370
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      1,087


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      what...?? i am sorry for any kid who finds themselves battling physically or mentally but surely bints parading on the telly , at the darts , F1 , gridiron , basketball , boxing can't be blamed for eating disorders .........i wonder if the likes of marie claire , vogue , ysl , revlon etc etc will follow the lead , if they do i'll be very surprised as they will have no content ..........not after an argument here but are we trying to hyper evolve the human race here ...?? a last ditch attempt to turn men off women and vice versa and get them to swing for their own kind and thus slowing the cancer that is the human race .........all very well if so but if you think china , india and asia on the whole are gonna follow suit then you are truly , truly deluded.....not you personally but us as a race ......for feck sake get over yourselves , what the feck is wrong with looking at a beautiful woman ....i seriously ask you.... sorry about your daughter by the way but i still expect to get fisted for this post .
      You use the term "bint" and expect your argument to be taken seriously?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •