Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Spot on. So many bell-ends who throw drivel terms like "PC gone mad", "snowflake" and "offended on other people's behalf" around the minute someone presents a coherent argument as to why binning off these girls might be a good thing.

Really, eating disorders are far more complex than 'walk on girls' and if you identify this as some kind of trigger and 'binning them' might make a worthwhile difference then it begs the question where exactly are you leading us, or is it just tokenism, care to explain ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

This article makes some of the most basic mistakes...

"Offended feminists argue that having walk-on girls and grid girls objectifies women. But the women who did those jobs say they never felt objectified, "

What is wrong with objectification? firstly nobody is saying thats all women are unless the feminazis are claiming men as one dimentional and thats all they see.

Secondly Objectification seems to be feminazicode for men finding women sexually attractive, again what is wrong with this?

Generally the problem isn't the twisted feminists as theyve always been about, the problem is the morally vapid boomer generation that capitulates to this.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
feminists.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As the father of a daughter who has battled an eating disorder for years, and had osteoporosis at 18 years old as a result, the sooner we stop promoting images of 'the ideal woman' and normalise what women, young and old, are bombarded with in the media and public eye, and that many feel they have to live up to, the better. It is not being PC mad, it is not about the juvenile term 'snowflake' it is a long overdue shift in attitudes and recognition of this and frankly there are some quite sad and pathetic male specimens on this thread who are getting left behind as the rest of the world thankfully moves on.

good point eating disorders. The problem is these girls are healthy looking types unlike the ultra thin catwalk models.

Seriously? Have you tried cracking one of to the models in the Observer on Sunday supplement?:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really, eating disorders are far more complex than 'walk on girls' and if you identify this as some kind of trigger and 'binning them' might make a worthwhile difference then it begs the question where exactly are you leading us, or is it just tokenism, care to explain ?

Seriously, what are you waffling about this time?

Perhaps you should have read cheeky monkey's post just before mine. How about you tell him how eating disorders are complex and that objecting to walk on girls is just tokenism. Your posts constantly lack intelligence and self awareness.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Perhaps you should have read cheeky monkey's post just before mine. How about you tell him how eating disorders are complex and that objecting to walk on girls is just tokenism. Your posts constantly lack intelligence and self awareness.

I thought his post was spot on , while its sad about cheeky monkeys daughter i doubt very much it was formula one grid girls or other images that caused his daughters illness.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I read that but I did not wish to challenge him, but I do not accept that 'walk on girls' are a trigger, these are not the skinny models that might be used in fashion shoots that then might, rightly or wrongly be blamed for eating some disorders.

You spout rubbish but then you cannot expand, what else needs 'binning', I am keen to know where your red lines might be.

Interestingly you throw around quite regular insults on nearly everything and to nearly anyone that disagrees with you yet you do not see this as bullying (I don't feel bullied by the way) and we all know the consequence of bullying and you question my own self awareness :facepalm:

I'll ask again what else do you think deserves censure the other posters you referred to as 'Bell-ends' might like to know ?

Last edited:

boik

what...?? i am sorry for any kid who finds themselves battling physically or mentally but surely bints parading on the telly , at the darts , F1 , gridiron , basketball , boxing can't be blamed for eating disorders .........i wonder if the likes of marie claire , vogue , ysl , revlon etc etc will follow the lead , if they do i'll be very surprised as they will have no content ..........not after an argument here but are we trying to hyper evolve the human race here ...?? a last ditch attempt to turn men off women and vice versa and get them to swing for their own kind and thus slowing the cancer that is the human race .........all very well if so but if you think china , india and asia on the whole are gonna follow suit then you are truly , truly deluded.....not you personally but us as a race ......for feck sake get over yourselves , what the feck is wrong with looking at a beautiful woman ....i seriously ask you....??? sorry about your daughter by the way but i still expect to get fisted for this post .

You use the term "bint" and expect your argument to be taken seriously?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As the father of a daughter who has battled an eating disorder for years, and had osteoporosis at 18 years old as a result, the sooner we stop promoting images of 'the ideal woman' and normalise what women, young and old, are bombarded with in the media and public eye, and that many feel they have to live up to, the better. It is not being PC mad, it is not about the juvenile term 'snowflake' it is a long overdue shift in attitudes and recognition of this and frankly there are some quite sad and pathetic male specimens on this thread who are getting left behind as the rest of the world thankfully moves on.

And who abuses the slim women the most?

That would be other women. The same women who are now pushing the moronic agenda that obesity should be accepted and celebrated.

Time to drop this bullshit line that it's men who are dictating women's body types and expectations. It's on the women, not men.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For those in favour of the decision, how do you feel about nudity in film?

Should we ban movies with nudity in it, or only those with equal number of men and women showing nudity per film? What about those doing magazine covers? The COMPETITORS who are choosing to plaster their scantily clad body over magazines, is this ok or should it be banned as well? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves as this rabbit hole can go a whole lot deeper.

Films are subject to age appropriate certification and many scenes are banned already. Plus nudity in narrative context is perfectly fine, why ban it? I can't see the context for girls in revealing clothes at darts or F1.

And yes, magazine editors and filmmakers should all try to be a bit more responsible.

And as for the usual mob on here who now , Jesus wept, who now think they know what triggers an eating disorder? I'm almost lost for words. The level of rank stupidity some on here will go to in an attempt to justify their pathetic, outdated misogyny is, frankly, feeble minded and bordering on offensive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spot on. So many bell-ends who throw drivel terms like "PC gone mad", "snowflake" and "offended on other people's behalf" around the minute someone presents a coherent argument as to why binning off these girls might be a good thing.

Very little is known about anarexia as a condition if that is what the unfortunate girl is or did suffer from. There is no definite connection between being told you need to look like a model and the condition.
Of course there should never be too much pressure on young girls to try and fit some sort of ‘look’, that’s wrong, but slimming to look good and be healthy is not some sort of pre-cursor to eating disorders.
There are many complex reasons why people suffer with this condition - but blaming grid girls or any girl who makes her living out of looking good is no argument at all.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very little is known about anarexia as a condition if that is what the unfortunate girl is or did suffer from. There is no definite connection between being told you need to look like a model and the condition.
Of course there should never be too much pressure on young girls to try and fit some sort of ‘look’, that’s wrong, but slimming to look good and be healthy is not some sort of pre-cursor to eating disorders.
There are many complex reasons why people suffer with this condition - but blaming grid girls or any girl who makes her living out of looking good is no argument at all.

good post questions , ill also add that [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION] has my utmost sympathy , cant begin to imagine how terrible it must be to watch a loved one harm themselves like that.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
These girls choose to do this. I'm sure they would much rather being doing this than a standard job. We have now taken away that opportunity for them and left them unemployed. Well done feminists.

I am sure they will be on the poverty line now that they can’t once a year, dress scantily on a circuit holding a brolly over a race driver with his crash helmet on. Poor girls, so sad

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Films are subject to age appropriate certification and many scenes are banned already. Plus nudity in narrative context is perfectly fine, why ban it? I can't see the context for girls in revealing clothes at darts or F1.

And yes, magazine editors and filmmakers should all try to be a bit more responsible.

And as for the usual mob on here who now , Jesus wept, who now think they know what triggers an eating disorder? I'm almost lost for words. The level of rank stupidity some on here will go to in an attempt to justify their pathetic, outdated misogyny is, frankly, feeble minded and bordering on offensive.

When did you become the Mary Whitehouse of NSC ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am sure they will be on the poverty line now that they can’t once a year, dress scantily on a circuit holding a brolly over a race driver with his crash helmet on. Poor girls, so sad

Quite a sneering derogatory view of those girls work, maybe you can tell us what is the minimum moral requirement you demand of them before they are worthy of your respect or even better perhaps a list of other types of employment you also think deserves you disdain ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here