Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

D

Deleted member 22389

I wonder what would happen if they tried to ban cheerleaders from American football? What's fing next? Cover up the arms, legs, head, or go one step further and go for full cover?
I'm afraid this country is slowly going crazy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what would happen if they tried to ban cheerleaders from American football? What's fing next? Cover up the arms, legs, head, or go one step further and go for full cover?

I wonder what would happen if they had only young men doing the pom pom waving? Presumably you'd be all in favour of that too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
FFS

I blame Barber. Started all this when he sacked Gully’s Girls.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What would you prefer? Some hot guys in tight clothing joining the ladies prancing around amid the cars on the grid?

I assume that's not what you're asking for, ergo the current situation is sexist and outdated.

Oh you got me wrong here Edna, I am not disagreeing with this at all, just asking what next ? that is all..

I can think of plenty others that should now be confined to the dustbin like all female cheerleaders, sexy ladies selling toothpaste, beds and carpets or hoovers the list is endless and sexists for Christ sake out dated for example I do the hoovering, washing and ironing in our house, so why not have a bald 40 year old bloke running over the hoover cable in an advert.

The wife found a little notebook our daughter doodles in and it turns out some boys at school occasionally pick on her and do not let her play football as they say she is a girl...
She wrote "this is the worst day ever"... "Boys get called cool".... "Girls get called pretty".... "I don't want to be pretty"... (She damn well is) "I want to be cool and a boy" !!!
These adverts, girls parading and dancing etc etc, are all so dated and promote women to be well objects, they are not, they are like you doing very important jobs throughout the world every day.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Of course it is. Do they have men in tight clothing doing the same thing? No they don't. I'm not offended on behalf of anybody. I just happen to think using attractive women in tiny outfits for the titillation of (essentially) men at a sporting event is a tiresome and outdated concept. You want to look at scantily clad ladies? The internet can satisfy all your deepest cravings, I'm sure.

Ask the women who do it.....There you will find the answer...Stop being offended for them!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
These girls choose to do this. I'm sure they would much rather being doing this than a standard job. We have now taken away that opportunity for them and left them unemployed. Well done feminists.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Wait till Labour's in power. They'll make you walk round covered in a shroud. At least you'll be able to have a cheeky shuffle without anyone noticing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of course it is. Do they have men in tight clothing doing the same thing? No they don't. I'm not offended on behalf of anybody. I just happen to think using attractive women in tiny outfits for the titillation of (essentially) men at a sporting event is a tiresome and outdated concept. You want to look at scantily clad ladies? The internet can satisfy all your deepest cravings, I'm sure.

I remember a scantily clad Marlboro girl giving me loads of free cigarettes once at The European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch.
I still look back as she handed me a free packet with far too many buttons undone on her shirt that smoking really was a filthy habit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

What have The American powers that be at F1 got to do with this country?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not really even into F1, but I'm more upset that The British Grand Prix may no longer exist in a couple of years. Still, lets get outraged about grid girls instead.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It can only be a matter of time until Fabio and his mate from "8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown" stop their demonstrations.

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 14.45.22.png

It's consonant consonant gone mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here