Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very highly rated for 5 to 6 years in a similar vein to Will Hughes. Probably worth similar IF can stay fit so a massive yes from me! Send him back there for 6 months where he's settled though as a Championship team would be better but a bigger risk.

Could then be extremely useful off the bench in the EPL or starting in the Champ next year.

Oh and Locadia is the Baldock upgrade........ Powell is much more a Gross/Propper type.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
BBC reporting four clubs after Powell: Us, Bournemouth, Swansea and Palace

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh and Locadia is the Baldock upgrade........ Powell is much more a Gross/Propper type.

Powell could be the Brown/Sidwell replacement.

Best player on the pitch vs West Ham at the weekend according to some chap on MOTD and the highlights seemed to confirm that view. He has a bag full of assists and goals his season and seems to have more pace than Groß. All sorts of flair back heels and stuff on show at the weekend mean this is a massive YES from me. Would slot in behind Ulloa in a 4-4-1-1 very well indeed in my profoundly limited view.

More importantly, we need a story to get worked up about today!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Palace offering 120k a week for Powell in a desperate attempt to try and sign someone before the deadline!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Weren't there question marks about Powell's attitude when he was at United and, I think, Hull? I wondered when I heard those stories whether he was somebody who was undoubtedly a talented footballer, but who preferred being the big fish in a smaller pond. A sort of rich man's Ryan Harley, if you will.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Weren't there question marks about Powell's attitude when he was at United and, I think, Hull? I wondered when I heard those stories whether he was somebody who was undoubtedly a talented footballer, but who preferred being the big fish in a smaller pond. A sort of rich man's Ryan Harley, if you will.

Ouch. Getting mentioned in the same breathe as Ryan Harley. Tough crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here