Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Buried on another thread so, as protocol seems to dictate, giving it its own one...

"Brighton have tabled a £3million bid overnight for Wigan Athletic forward Nick Powell, who has scored for 11 times this season and recovered from the injuries that affected his Manchester United career.

However, the unexpected move for 23-year-old Powell is complicated by the fact that League One leaders Wigan are in the middle of a takeover to new Chinese owners who would need to give their blessing.

Seagulls manager Chris Hughton has already signed strikers Jurgen Locadia and Leonardo Ulloa (loan) in January and is prepared to sell Israeli centre-forward Tomer Hemed on Wednesday.

MORE >>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-3m-ex-Manchester-United-forward-Powell.html

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes please. He tried to grow up too quickly He has the skills, he just needs to train the temperament and rhythm. The run at Wigan has helped him, he tore apart (a very under strength) West Ham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yes just read this on the " won't sing anyone today thread" please be true, was a good prospect when at Crewe and seems to be returning to that form. A yes from me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Will Wigan sell this close to the deadline?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I personally think he would be a cracking signing. Has top level experience, has had loads of injuries but now looks like the player that Dario Gradi thought he'd become when he said that he's the most talented player to come out of the Crewe setup.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very good player on his day, far too good for League 1 and stepped up against West Ham at the weekend. Injury prone and a bit of a "wonder kid" reputation but, at 3 million I'd be all over this.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
decent from what I've seen. The creative injection we need?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
3 million is back of the sofa money in today’s terms, get him in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here