Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

My new DAMSELFLY album 'An Awkward Bow' is out now

2 Not allowed!
    Evening fellow NSC'ers.

Please excuse the indulgence of its own thread, but I know not everyone who's into music checks out the various 'Albums...' threads.

So, a quick heads up for fans of electronica, post-rock, instrumental etc action, that my new album is now out. You can stream, download here (CD on the way too).....

https://damselfly1.bandcamp.com

Of local interest, apart from most tracks being inspired by the local area, the cover photo was taken near Ditchling Beacon, looking back towards Brighton and the sea.

I hope some of you might like it. Thanks for listening.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Joe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Evening fellow NSC'ers.

Please excuse the indulgence of its own thread, but I know not everyone who's into music checks out the various 'Albums...' threads.

So, a quick heads up for fans of electronica, post-rock, instrumental etc action, that my new album is now out. You can stream, download here (CD on the way too).....

Of local interest, apart from most tracks being inspired by the local area, the cover photo was taken near Ditchling Beacon, looking back towards Brighton and the sea.

Good stuff.

I prefer Marshall stacks and people in cloaks etc. But it’s always great to support anyone producing art.

Rock on. Or indeed (post) rock on.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Evening fellow NSC'ers.

It is decent Mr Joe well done

1-2 minor comments (constructive ones I hope) and it could be the shitty speakers ony my laptop or the stream
      Track 1 has a high pitched noise and I cant tell if its meant to be there or not, if it is I cant make it out
      More bass on the drums mate

Good job though, up my street 8/10

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      Good stuff.

I prefer Marshall stacks and people in cloaks etc. But it’s always great to support anyone producing art.

Rock on. Or indeed (post) rock on.
      Thanks Kosh. I'm quite partial to Marshall stacks and people in cloaks now and again too

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      It is decent Mr Joe well done

1-2 minor comments (constructive ones I hope) and it could be the shitty speakers ony my laptop or the stream
      Track 1 has a high pitched noise and I cant tell if its meant to be there or not, if it is I cant make it out
      More bass on the drums mate

Good job though, up my street 8/10
      Thanks Maffew, always good to get some constructive feedback, and an 8/10 is a damn fine score! There's quite a few ambient and not-so-ambient high pitched bits across a few tracks, some guitar feedback, some synth, all intentional but possibly not to everyone's tastes (especially NOT to my wife's tastes!). Very possible that it could be excentuated by 'thinner' speakers. You're also not alone with the drum comment, a couple of people have said they'd prefer heavier / base'ier drums. That one's a bit horses for courses I think, and I've long been a fan of Grant Hart's Husker Du drum sound, so there's a homage / nod to the great man there.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks Maffew, always good to get some constructive feedback, and an 8/10 is a damn fine score! There's quite a few ambient and not-so-ambient high pitched bits across a few tracks, some guitar feedback, some synth, all intentional but possibly not to everyone's tastes (especially NOT to my wife's tastes!). Very possible that it could be excentuated by 'thinner' speakers. You're also not alone with the drum comment, a couple of people have said they'd prefer heavier / base'ier drums. That one's a bit horses for courses I think, and I've long been a fan of Grant Hart's Husker Du drum sound, so there's a homage / nod to the great man there.
      Cool stuff, yes I am not listening on the best speakers (they arent rubbish neither cos I just put some in to relisten).

I love ambientish/electroish stuff and instramental and it's decently produced. A bit bassier/more leading drum would turn it from something I listened to as opposed to something I might bop to in the kitchen if that makes sense, I like all varieties of music to an extent, and wish I could do it so thumsup pal

1 Not allowed!
      Look forwards to listening to this.
      Particularly after the Grant Hart comment
      The worst shit in the seven kingdoms.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pevenseagull View Post
      Look forwards to listening to this.
      Particularly after the Grant Hart comment
      That's probably where the Grant / Husker similarities end to be honest, other than maybe a sense of melody within the noisier parts at all times, although I am a huge fan of both. I've also tried to get a bit of two of my other big 80's and 90's influences into some parts with the guitar / feedback parts - Thin White Rope and My Bloody Valentine. I like the idea of trying to mix some of those sounds with electronica.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Cool stuff, yes I am not listening on the best speakers (they arent rubbish neither cos I just put some in to relisten).

I love ambientish/electroish stuff and instramental and it's decently produced. A bit bassier/more leading drum would turn it from something I listened to as opposed to something I might bop to in the kitchen if that makes sense, I like all varieties of music to an extent, and wish I could do it so thumsup pal
      Cheers. I've re-uploaded the first track again just in case there is something that sneaked in to the original upload that's not meant to be there (if that can even happen, I'm not overly techie when it comes to this stuff). I have pretty bad tinnitus on the left side so am never 100% sure if some sounds are real or in my head! (which makes mixing fun as you can imagine).
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Cheers. I've re-uploaded the first track again just in case there is something that sneaked in to the original upload that's not meant to be there (if that can even happen, I'm not overly techie when it comes to this stuff). I have pretty bad tinnitus on the left side so am never 100% sure if some sounds are real or in my head! (which makes mixing fun as you can imagine).
      Coolio, will check it (hope it wasnt my tinnitus , its a bitch isnt it, mine came fro DJing I guess) must be a pain in the arse for you!!