Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hemed's tweet re: new strikers

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Love Tomer. Hope he fires us to winning the FA Cup!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope we dont get near that as it would mean relegation as per 1983 as too much focus is put on the cup by the players.

191073-131-0D844C57.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hope we dont get near that as it would mean relegation as per 1983 as too much focus is put on the cup by the players. Rather do it when we are an established midtable Premier club.

I'm not sure that three addition matches with mostly second string players will make a lot of difference.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That is not being a defeatist but I think the players will naturally focus on the cup and ignore the league results.

No they won't. It will lift them.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is not being a defeatist but I think the players will naturally focus on the cup and ignore the league results.

Time for your sponge bath BG.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hope we dont get near that as it would mean relegation as per 1983 as too much focus is put on the cup by the players. Rather do it when we are an established midtable Premier club.

When will that ever happen? Can’t see any team outside the top 6/7 being an established mid table team. They don’t exist anymore.

Therefore we should go for the cup every season. And certainly this season. No better chance to reach the quarters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hope we dont get near that as it would mean relegation as per 1983 as too much focus is put on the cup by the players.
I'm not really against you here BG, I'd also think it can be a distraction, but Mr Lines makes a good point here:

I'm not sure that three addition matches with mostly second string players will make a lot of difference.
We'll play reserves against Coventry, and if we win that there's only 3 games left including the final. It could be a bit of a distraction, but the players don't want to be playing in the Championship next year, they'll be focused enough on the league.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He of all people must be able to see what we are lacking, a good servant, but we need pace up front.
He had a season in the sun, many others in his profession don't even come close.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That makes.me sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here