Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking in Southampton

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Unfortunately left with no option but to drive tomorrow night.

Will need to park in or around Southampton with fairly limited time before the game.

Any users have insight/ideas on any good car parks / park on drive schemes?

Thanks in advance

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
On an away fans guide they have the postcode, for sat nav purposes, of SO14 5FP, I think it’s an area in Southampton just after crossing the toll bridge. Short walk to ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Someone once mentioned something like “goggle” or “google” might be able to help

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Most of the town centre car parks are within walking distance of the ground. Everyone will be leaving by the time you rock up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Planning on parking somewhere on-street in the area close to Woolston Station and stroll from there.

el punal

On an away fans guide they have the postcode, for sat nav purposes, of SO14 5FP, I think it’s an area in Southampton just after crossing the toll bridge. Short walk to ground.

Good luck with that! If timing is all park at the Woolston end of the Itchen Bridge and walk across - a 20 minute hike. The thing is, the nearer to kick off time the more congested the roads and parking will be. In an earlier post I suggested parking in Bitterne (take A334 off Jct.7 of M27) and take the bus to Northam, 5 minute journey and frequent buses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's less than a mile from the Harbour Lights cinema and all their lovely free parking to the ground.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am driving down from work in London and have to go back. Is the Marina a crazy option i.e the traffic will be chocker on the way back up.

Last time I used the park and ride which has now gone I understand.

el punal

I am driving down from work in London and have to go back. Is the Marina a crazy option i.e the traffic will be chocker on the way back up.

Last time I used the park and ride which has now gone I understand.

Yes it will be. Park as close to the Avenue as you can, that's the main road into Southampton from the north (A33), and walk to the ground. At least going back won't be as bad as being stuck at the bottom end of town.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Good luck with that! If timing is all park at the Woolston end of the Itchen Bridge and walk across - a 20 minute hike. The thing is, the nearer to kick off time the more congested the roads and parking will be. In an earlier post I suggested parking in Bitterne (take A334 off Jct.7 of M27) and take the bus to Northam, 5 minute journey and frequent buses.

Sounds like good advice, might walk across bridge then. Cheers

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

No, that is the ground itself,if you choose that as your destination without a permit to park in one of the car parks at the ground i think you will end up in all sorts of bother. There are better options on here, unless of course you do have a permit in which case full steam ahead

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here