Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All this talk about Leo . . . What about Glenn?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Rotation is the key here. Probably start with Leo and bring on Glen with 20 to go and vice versa. I don't think either could stand 90mins week in week out in the Premier league at the twilight of their careers to be fair.

Bang on.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Maybe Chris thinks that Leo will give a better return than Glenn? :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
All this talk about Leo . . . What about Glenn?

Sayer is "More Than I Can Say", Doesn't Hoddle have a severe knee injury. :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Murray doesn't need to charge around upfront in every direction like a headless chicken.

Just needs to be where the ball is in and around the penalty spot.

There's always a demand for forwards like him.

The thinking man's striker.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Absolute nonsense.

Murrays game has never been about pace, but that doesn't make him "slow and lazy". He has a good touch, can hold the ball up, uses the ball intelligently and has an innate strikers instinct in the box to be in the right place at the right time. He may not score worldies, but he has always had that composure and guile in front of goal - its why he has been a Premier League striker for most of the last 6-7 years. I've always considered him to be a poor mans Teddy Sheringham, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way.

Ulloa will give us more strength and power going forward, and at 31 he has a lot less miles on the clock. But Murray still has PLENTY to offer this team, and will still (I hope) play a big part in keeping us up this year.
Well said. 23 goals last season and 7 this, will confirm that.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

My grandmother would be a good replacement and she's been dead for 10 years!

Wow. Just wow

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

My grandmother would be a good replacement and she's been dead for 10 years!
So we can put you down as 'undecided' ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We are the 2nd lowest scorers in the league.

Glenn hopefully will become squad player , not first choice

Glenn isnt the reason we are the 2nd lowest scorers though, a lack of goals from other areas of the team is the main reason for that. Glenn l feel, is more than doing his bit.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
With all the, (understandable), excitement about Leo's secong coming, I hope people don't look upon him as a like for like replacement for Glenn Murray.

In my opinion Glenn is every bit as good as his rival, is a good team player nowadays, can defend just as well as attack, and weighs in with his share of goals. Rotate the two of them l say.

This. I personally think Muz is a better all round player - certainly more mobile than Leo but lets see how it pans out - fingers crossed

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Glenn isn't the one that should be worrying about his position here imo, that is on Hemed's shoulders

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here