Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does Chris fit Ulloa & Locadia into his starting line-up ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Well it's going to be a while before much changes: Hughton today: “We are looking at Jurgen hopefully training with the team Monday and he is going to be two or three weeks."
So I guess realistically maybe Coventry or Swansea for him and if we lose the next three then that might be too late for him to make a difference.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would like to think that the penny will now have dropped that if we don't start scoring goals there is only one direction we are headed.

Leo & Locadia, if fit, have to start. Play Propper further forward (as he does for his national team) so his creativity and goal scoring ability can be exploited.

If we go 1-0 down change things and bring on further attacking options rather than waiting until we go 2-0 down and the game has gone. We now have the resources to attack teams and score goals. No excuses from here on in.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

This thread asks how to fit Ulloa and Locadia into the same team. To do that one of Gross, Izquierdo or Knockaert has to be dropped. Hard to see how it can be Gross and if Locadia is through the middle then Izquierdo is a better option on the left than Knocky. If Locadia stays wide then its bye bye Jose but I really don't want to see that.

Whether we SHOULD play Locadia and Ulloa together is another matter

In all these posts looks like March, Murray and Knocky are out of favour.

Strong bench.

I think putting Ulloa, Locadia AND Murray on at the same time might be beyond our Chris. But it could be exciting

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ryan
Dunk Duffy
Schelotto Baldock Gross Locadia Izquierdo
Hemed Murray Ulloa

Why not? ???

Chris would never go for it, he's more 1-2-7

127-football-formation.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would like to think that the penny will now have dropped that if we don't start scoring goals there is only one direction we are headed.
Dreamer.

Leo & Locadia, if fit, have to start. Play Propper further forward (as he does for his national team) so his creativity and goal scoring ability can be exploited.
So what's the rest of the team like? Do we not bother with wingers?

If we go 1-0 down change things and bring on further attacking options
If we start with Leo and Locadia, and play Propper further forward, and then bring on more attacking options, we're going to get smashed.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan

Schelotto
Goldson
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Propper
Stephens

Gross
Ulloa
Locadia

Though I could easily make a case for Kayal or March starting.

FFS impact sub.

I like this format but would also include Izquierdo as an option especially as Locadia will not play in next 3 games by sound of it or put Kayal in for Propper in midfield then and play him where Locadia would be...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If last season you had told me NSCers were choosing to omit AK from their hypothetical line ups....well...i would have called you silly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see Kayal making the bench especially if we sign the Spanish player as we will have an abundance of better midfielders, with possibly Gross dropping in the middle more. I think Ulloa and Murray will contest the main striker role with the other being brought late. Locadia when fit will start or contest the Knockaert /March/ Izquierdo wide role even possibly Gross deeper role

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

I see March’s future at a LB / LWB. What do people think about that?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I cannot see Kayal making the bench especially if we sign the Spanish player as we will have an abundance of better midfielders, with possibly Gross dropping in the middle more. I think Ulloa and Murray will contest the main striker role with the other being brought late. Locadia when fit will start or contest the Knockaert /March/ Izquierdo wide role even possibly Gross deeper role

“An abundance of better midfielders”?! I mean you’ve come up with some pearlers but this is top of the apple tree. Is one of them Jlloyd Samuel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here