Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your single favourite scene in a film ?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Always loved the comparing of scars followed by Robert Shaw's account of the fate of the USS Indianapolis in Jaws.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is ok greatest scene ?

Its A great scene, from one of my all time favourites, in a film that is comfortably within my all time top 5, and in little danger of being shifted. I must've seen this film 6 or 7 times, and it NEVER gets dull. The writing and the performances are just off the scale.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.png
image.jpg
Two of my favourite films
Can anyone help and put the u-tube clips
Many thanks :blush::thumbsup::facepalm:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Opening scene: Inglourious Basterds - for sheer unrelenting escalating tension

Closing scene: Carrie (original version) - never seen an entire cinema leap about three feet in the air before or since

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Some interesting suggestions but for those of us with a more juvenile sensibility it has to be this surely (you can't be serious.....etc etc)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Closing scene: Carrie (original version) - never seen an entire cinema leap about three feet in the air before or since

Good shout. There are a couple of cinematic conventions regarding 'the jump'. Jumps tend to be played out at points without a film score and they certainly don't tend to be at the end of the film. In the case of Carrie, everything about that scene screams that the film is about to end. The soft music and the dolly shot over the shoulder: credits roll, go home folks.

And then THAT!

SPOILER ALERT (42 years on) Contains... er... the ending.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here